PDA

View Full Version : deh-p860mp noise problem

msimon
07-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Well, I finally got done installing my opti2000d and my MB Quart RAA4200 and I have a horrible alternator whine. I tried regrounding the amps directly to the negative terminal of the battery but the noise was still there. I tried all sorts of things and eventually just ran an rca from my clarion dvd player to the amps and the noise disappeared! So after doing a search about the 860's noises problems I am pretty sure that it is the culprit. But before I contact Pioneer I have some questions for other people with the 860 noise problem. Do I have to send the unit into Pioneer or can I get it fixed at an authorized service center? I read in somewhere on this forum that I should say it was gift and I don't have a receipt since I bought it unauthorized. Is there anything else I should say or avoid saying in the e-mail? Thanks.

zachzchw
07-11-2005, 01:17 AM
PM me, Ill give you a direct phone number to a service manager. They need to be made aware of this problem that fvcks up so many decks.
My deck should be coming back tomorrow, apparently, it is a fuse link inside the deck that opens due to a bad ground. At least that is what they said, but I know my ground was fine, so who knows......
You will send it to an authorized service center, took mine about 2.5 weeks total.

Hybrid90accord
07-11-2005, 04:24 AM
yeah i got my 8600mp serviced and it was a bad ground trace in the radio and since it has been fixed I have not had any issues with it to date.

adam71
07-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Where are you grounding your head unit??

msimon
07-11-2005, 02:11 PM
My HU is directly mounted into metal in the dash so it has no stock ground. In addition to that I have tried two different parts of the chassis as well as directly to the battery. Like I said, the problem completely goes away when I use a my DVD player.

adam71
07-11-2005, 06:38 PM
The reason I ask is sometimes it helps to ground your head unit in the SAME place you ground everything else in your system. Helped me eliminate (completely) MY engine noise. :cool:

adam71
07-11-2005, 06:42 PM
My HU is directly mounted into metal in the dash so it has no stock ground. In addition to that I have tried two different parts of the chassis as well as directly to the battery. Like I said, the problem completely goes away when I use a my DVD player.

Its probably your Pioneer then. I've heard about a bunch of people having problems with that in the last model year. My 860 was an 04' model and had NO noise what so ever. I hear its easy for them to fix and you only have to send it in once with NO further problems.

pwnt by pat
07-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Is there a location you can mail it too? Mine has the trace problem too and am too lazy to drive to get it fixed.

Decipha
07-11-2005, 07:12 PM
***... i want to get a new pioneer deck but i don't want it to be broken