PDA

View Full Version : hmm velcro

.::DuD3::.
07-09-2005, 09:55 PM
ok securing my box right now, and i can't drill anywhere because my gas tank is right below my hatch. was gonna use some industrial velcro. will it hold first of all (my box is about 30-40 pounds), and does this stuff come off easily, incase i build a new box or something?

Harrison486
07-10-2005, 12:50 AM
I know some people don't reccomend velcro, because in the case of an accident, your box will still end up moving.

However, my box is in my car trunk, so in a worst case scenario it will just hit the back of my seats.

Anyway, I bought some industrial strength velcro (like 2 strips) from lowes and put them on the front two corners of my box. It hasn't budged since, and it used to slide around my trunk while I drove.

creater
07-10-2005, 01:11 AM
strap that sucker down...i know some people who strapped down their bow using canvas slings...never budged in guyanese traffic

JimJ
07-10-2005, 02:20 AM
I have a small sheet of the stuff used for lining tool cabinets and shelves - it's black open cell foam, sold at Lowe's or Wal-Mart. A little sheet of that sandwiched between the box and the rubber cargo mat prevents it from sliding the ten feet or so it could otherwise.

davidfre21
07-10-2005, 02:24 AM
use the clear plastic carpet covering for under ur desk. the stuff used so ur comp chair can still roll, it has spikes on the underside. Worked for me :)