PDA

View Full Version : where to put my comps. in my thunderbird

Johnston_2007
07-08-2005, 07:36 PM
okay i was hoping u guys could help me......where do u think i should put my comps. im getting.......should i put them in the door behidn the panel where u cant see them or should i mount them in the mesh panel. and if i should put them there liek should i make a wood brace or somethign to screw them into. thanxs alot .

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3769/00004702fs.jpg

stones
07-09-2005, 01:49 AM
ACDsee has a program that allows you to resize pics with little effort it should be easy to find a demo and a crack for the demo.

What did you use to cut the hole for your tweeter, It looks like you used an old spoon, to improve the appearance take the tweeter out, sand the edge of the hole then lightly scuff the panel with a green scub pad (like the ones for washing dishes). Now get a can of spraypaint in a color of your choice and spray the panel with a couple coats(spray one, then when it gets tacky spray another).

As for mounting the mid, the easiest place to put would be in the factory location just put a layer of sound deadener on first to reduce rattles.

Johnston_2007
07-09-2005, 06:28 PM
okay thanxs stones.......im sorry for the pick being so big when i get my new comps ill paint the thing.