PDA

View Full Version : HU only plays when hot?????

blackMTXgold
07-06-2005, 11:21 PM
ok i have a old school "jvc el kameleon" , when i first got it i hooked all the wires up right and it didnt turn on, so i connected the ACC wire and 12 volt power together and it turns on now but after i shut the car off and turn it back on, it doesnt hold the memory and will go all back to default settings, the next problem i have is that it wont read cds, it actually only reads the cds when it is really hot, i meen REEEEALLLy hot and at the point i was worried about somethin goin wrong.????????????? ne help???????? ne one know what im talkin about??????? :crap: :eyebrow:

bamaboy
07-06-2005, 11:27 PM
no

bamaboy
07-06-2005, 11:28 PM
to ur last question that is

blackMTXgold
07-06-2005, 11:32 PM
ok ill try to explain it better...................... my HU doesnt hold memory..................my HU only plays cds when it is hot............N E HELP????

stones
07-06-2005, 11:52 PM
A-It's hooked up wrong.
B-It's worn out
C-It's time to enter into 21rst century technology.
D-Gimmie 5 bucks.
E-Look at a new
Clarion
Kenwood
Pioneer
Panasonic
Eclipse
These are all good reliable performers that can be found for excellent prices.
(Alpine and JVC got booted off the list this year cause they pissed me off)

Savstyle
07-06-2005, 11:54 PM
A-It's hooked up wrong.
B-It's worn out
C-It's time to enter into 21rst century technology.
D-Gimmie 5 bucks.
E-Look at a new
Clarion
Kenwood
Pioneer
Panasonic
Eclipse
These are all good reliable performers that can be found for excellent prices.
(Alpine and JVC got booted off the list this year cause they pissed me off)
dont forget alpine

blackMTXgold
07-06-2005, 11:57 PM
actually i am lookin at a new one but i was just wondering with this one... just curious about it.....i was at best buy and they had a Insignia that basically read every type of audio format which is basically what i am lookin for...............

RADEoN
07-07-2005, 02:15 AM
give it a shot. just because it's not well known doesn't mean it won't suit you well.

Raffi
07-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Take your HU and throw it at somebody you dislike then install a new one!

Johnny Drama
07-07-2005, 11:26 AM
The reason it wont hold its memory is that it isnt hooked up correct. The yellow wire is the power and the red is the battery/ memory. You have to have each connected to its corresponding wire to get the memory to work.

As far as it not playing CDs, I honestly have no clue. I have owned 2 of those JVCs. Send it in for repairs or take it to CC or BB and get them to look at it. I would advise you to get a new HU. The motors on those have problems.
My first one quit working and the secone one the display part of the face quit working and eventually fell off.

IRACEMYCOPCAR
07-07-2005, 08:24 PM
The reason it wont hold its memory is that it isnt hooked up correct. The yellow wire is the power and the red is the battery/ memory. You have to have each connected to its corresponding wire to get the memory to work.

You have that backwards, yellow is CONSTANT power for memory and red is SWITCHED power.

in other words run a wire from the yellow to another constant source, you may have to go to the fuse box, wherever you get power make sure there is a fuse on it somewhere close to the power source.

its not worth repairing the cd problem.