PDA

View Full Version : ahhh fiberglassing starts tomarrow

mattmcss
07-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Just got in from outside , going to do up a fiberglass box with the 3 12's , i'm going to post pics of the rings once i get em set where i want and than i want some opinions before i go the whole route tomarrow , so pay attention for pics tomarrow , i really wanna know what you guys think before i start layin the resin/glass.

Thanks !

Just waitin for the glue to dry on the rings as we speak

BoomCrew
07-07-2005, 12:49 AM
good luck wit your project, make sure you take lots of pics, and what subs you putting in it?is it the id12's?

mattmcss
07-07-2005, 01:27 AM
yup the 3 Id's are going i nthis box , just hope i can make it look decent !

nametaken
07-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Started today, not a good start but alright. Good luck

Woodmister
07-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Im on my 2nd layer (drying now).

Words of advice...

-Use protection...gloves, mask, eyes
-Watch out for bubbles
-When adding the hardner, try different amounts till its right (dosent dry up too fast, doesnt NOT dry)...I started using 60 every 6oz...now im using 40-45 and it hardens just fine

UndercoverPunk
07-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Pics...

XtrmAudioCncpts
07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Im on my 2nd layer (drying now).

Words of advice...

-Use protection...gloves, mask, eyes
-Watch out for bubbles
-When adding the hardner, try different amounts till its right (dosent dry up too fast, doesnt NOT dry)...I started using 60 every 6oz...now im using 40-45 and it hardens just fine
you should pm me when you finish it i would love to see someone elses system

Woodmister
07-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Sure thing, im sure ill put up an entire post/wireup/pictures...

bigred78797
07-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Gloves??? why use gloves??? I Never use gloves.

And mask... who wears a mask.. really... and eye protection... who needs it... I just lay the mat down bare hands no mask or goggles cuz im HARDCORE TO the max. :naughty:

snebes
07-08-2005, 01:00 PM

And mask... who wears a mask.. really... and eye protection... who needs it... I just lay the mat down bare hands no mask or goggles cuz im HARDCORE TO the max. :naughty:

I know you are being sarcastic, but I use gloves. No mask...ever...then I can't smoke :) Oh wait, I quit that. But I just don't care. And I only wear glasses if I am cutting it...just sunglasses though. But I do all my work outside, so that helps tonnes

ruckus
07-08-2005, 03:15 PM

lol I never used the goggles myself but I was using gloves and a mask till the last day I was laying the resin and realized I didnt have my mask on now my wife says the car smells like resin but I dont smell it I wonder if i ****ed up my sense of smell.

dbornotdb
07-08-2005, 03:58 PM
No.......your just used to it.