PDA

View Full Version : Deh-p8mp Vs Deh-p860mp

DaFreakinRican0
07-06-2005, 03:35 PM
hey guys im looking for a new h/u and i need some advice. Right now ive got 2 12 inch L7's and a 1200.1 in my car. Im using an old 6400 series pioneer with 2 volt pre outs going to my 1200.1 and that is my ONLY amp. I am wanting more power out of my front stage WITHOUT using any amps. I am not running components as i am still in high school, but i HAVE upgraded from stock. Will i be able to notice the extra 5 watts rms to each speaker over the 22 rms on the 860? Also will i be able to cross the front stage over at certain frequencies without having it amped up on both of them? And to get the extra 5 watts rms do i have to have a direct lead to the battery to achieve it and how hard is it to do that? I wanted to know these answers as i am ready to upgrade A.S.A.P. Also i know ikes sound has the 860 for like $330. How has your shopping gone with them and has anyone had to return anything and how was that? Thanks alot guys

zachzchw
07-06-2005, 04:06 PM
You wont notice the extra 5 watts....
Ikesound is usually pretty good about things, from my experience. However, you might want to PM skmfkr1 and ask him about his experience with them.
I have the 860MP, and love it, so Id recommend that.

IRACEMYCOPCAR
07-06-2005, 08:41 PM
get the p8, 860's have noise problems and they like to eat cd's(face locks up and wont eject), now some people will say "ive never had a problem with mine" well they only have 1, i install them daily and see a lot of comebacks with this HU.

do a search for all the pioneer noise problems and youll see what im talking about, theres a few of them.

Mr. Opportunist
07-06-2005, 08:46 PM
i havent had noise problems but i have seen them lock up the demo one at the shop did.

zachzchw
07-06-2005, 10:39 PM
get the p8, 860's have noise problems and they like to eat cd's(face locks up and wont eject), now some people will say "ive never had a problem with mine" well they only have 1, i install them daily and see a lot of comebacks with this HU.

do a search for all the pioneer noise problems and youll see what im talking about, theres a few of them.

This is true.....Im currently waiting on mine to come back from service....
Still, quite a few people have these decks, it makes sense that some of them will have problems.

DaFreakinRican0
07-07-2005, 01:37 AM
what does the noise problem consist of? I really like the features of the 860 such as 13 band e-q.Also another important thing is am i able to cross over the mighs, mids and lows using the h-u internal amp? such as my fronts crossed over higher than my rears?

Randy Savage
07-07-2005, 01:38 AM
I've installed a few of them and have yet to have an 8600 come back...

The P8 is ugly IMO.

zachzchw
07-07-2005, 01:31 PM
what does the noise problem consist of? I really like the features of the 860 such as 13 band e-q.Also another important thing is am i able to cross over the mighs, mids and lows using the h-u internal amp? such as my fronts crossed over higher than my rears?

Basically, the deck brings alt noise into the system. The repair facility told me that its a fuse link that opens because of an improper ground to the amps. Not sure of the accuracy of that statement, but based on that, get a good ground and youll be fine.

Alpine2005
07-07-2005, 01:40 PM
two things i don't like about the p860 is, it doesn't have bass and treble adjustments and it only has one mode of loudness on or off

the p8 has bass and treble adjustments and it has 3-modes of loudness: low, mid, high or off

zachzchw
07-07-2005, 03:08 PM
two things i don't like about the p860 is, it doesn't have bass and treble adjustments and it only has one mode of loudness on or off

the p8 has bass and treble adjustments and it has 3-modes of loudness: low, mid, high or off

Shouldnt use any loudness features anyway. And the 860 can control the treble and bass through the EQ. If you want "loudness" on the 860, just obtain it through the eq.

DaFreakinRican0
07-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Also another important thing is am i able to cross over the mighs, mids and lows using the h-u internal amp? such as my fronts crossed over higher than my rears?
Can somebody answer this question? thanks for the input guys!

3.5Max6spd
07-07-2005, 05:10 PM
If you want "loudness" on the 860, just obtain it through the eq.

Thats not quite the best solution. It can clip the speakers. EQ's are not meant to be used for excessive boosting....