PDA

View Full Version : Coffee table sub enclosure

dbornotdb
07-05-2005, 11:12 PM
I used the SEARCH, I promise.

I think it was Decware that I saw the plans for a "W" shaped enclosure that had a peice of glass over it and was used as a coffee table. I used to have that info saved, but lost it in a crash. Now I want to build it and can't find that info.
I looked on decware.com and came up empty.

Did I overlook it?

Do you know where to find this info or something similiar?

I am wanting to use a Power Acoustik FUBR 15 dual 2ohm sub since I have one for sale and noone is biting. So I might as well get some use from it right??

JimJ
07-05-2005, 11:14 PM
It's on Decware's site...the WO32...

dbornotdb
07-05-2005, 11:30 PM
It's on Decware's site...the WO32...

OK sorry. I finally found it. Even after you telling me it took me some time to find it. I blame it on tiredness.

So no 15" design. I guess I will do an ABC box in the rear corner then.

JimJ
07-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Go to the Decware forums...I'm sure if you posted a question on it, someone would help you with scaling it up to fit a 15".

creater
07-10-2005, 11:20 PM
a 15" in your house...2 12" are more like it...and its better to use sound reinforcement speakers in your house than car speakers

JimJ
07-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Any particular reason you say that?

creater
07-10-2005, 11:37 PM
well only if he's gonna use a 12v amp...most 110v amps play better with a sound reinforcement speaker...a technician once told me something about sound reinforcement speakers not being for 12v and car speakers not being for 110v...i gave him the benefit of the doubt as he's been dealing with electronics for a while

myvanpounds
07-10-2005, 11:37 PM
4 18's in rear loaded horns.....no ... TL'S!!!!

JimJ
07-10-2005, 11:42 PM
most 110v amps play better with a sound reinforcement speaker...a technician once told me something about sound reinforcement speakers not being for 12v and car speakers not being for 110v...i gave him the benefit of the doubt as he's been dealing with electronics for a while

I'm sorry, he's dead wrong. The speaker doesn't care what source voltage the amp is getting, only the voltage that the amp is supplying it :D

"Car" subwoofers can do quite well in home, provided a little thought is put into the enclosure. Because the transfer function isn't the same at home as it is in-cabin, you have to design accordingly...

4 18's in rear loaded horns.....no ... TL'S!!!!

Look on the Decware site for the Imperial Horns...those are frightening.

djman37
07-10-2005, 11:45 PM
x2 on the Decware.

creater
07-10-2005, 11:45 PM
well...i cant prove him wrong now...he's gone...but its good that i know the right thing!!!
thnx mang

myvanpounds
07-11-2005, 12:06 AM
car speakers can work in home and vice versa, its all enclosure dependant tho hell I'm VERY tempted to use some sx or xxx 18's in a sub cab for my drum fill/PA use cause the only GOOD 1000w rms 18's I can find only have a xmax of 10mm (some only 6mm) which when I plot eveything in bb6p the sub would be mechaniclay limited in a ported box slightly above tuning (30hz) with 1000watts going to them, but generaly if you know what your doing you can make it work very well, but most people dont and thats why it doesn't work for them, take for instance my 2 re8's sealed in a car the sound good, but in home they don't do crap, now take those two 8's and stick them in some TL's and you have yourself some loud 8's and not only can they get loud they also sound so accurate

creater
07-11-2005, 12:10 AM
but one quick question...can a car sub take as much pressure as a sound reinforcement speaker...i mean i've seen some of these speakers play for 3 days straight at a wedding

myvanpounds
07-11-2005, 12:13 AM
but one quick question...can a car sub take as much pressure as a sound reinforcement speaker...i mean i've seen some of these speakers play for 3 days straight at a wedding

as long as its not getting a clipped signal or thermaly overheating I don't see why a car sub couldn't take three days of straight playing at clean rms, unless the rated rms of the sub is false

JimJ
07-11-2005, 12:14 AM
What do you mean, pressure? Are they as reliable for continuous use? If they're being operated within their limits (proper enclosure size for the power, unclipped signal from the amp), you'll have no problems.

creater
07-11-2005, 12:16 AM
ok thnx...

Decipha
07-11-2005, 12:35 AM
a 3 day wedding has to be expensive

decipha = teh cheapskate

i'mma probably get married in my garage... <$150

j/j

creater
07-11-2005, 12:46 AM
hahaha...dude guyanese drop bombs for weddings...but it dont be as expensive as american ones...because of our resources

creater
07-11-2005, 12:48 AM
it's actually 4 days...but the first day is more religious so no music really...the second day is a little partying...the 3rd day is the wedding...and the fourth day u party till u drop...literally drop or until u go home...
best thing...most times u get free alcohol

myvanpounds
07-11-2005, 01:10 AM
it's actually 4 days...but the first day is more religious so no music really...the second day is a little partying...the 3rd day is the wedding...and the fourth day u party till u drop...literally drop or until u go home...
best thing...most times u get free alcohol

thats cool, defferent cultures = different traditions, here in the us its all done in a day or at the MOST the church wedding one day and the reception the next