PDA

View Full Version : New Pioneer decks.....

zachzchw
07-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Anyone have any info on them yet? Hopefully they fixed the fvcking ground trace problem that leads to blown preouts......
Release dates? Model numbers?

djbass_mekanik
08-10-2005, 03:42 AM
which decks are u talkin about??

adam71
08-10-2005, 07:23 AM
The newer units that come out each year are usually in the late spring or early summer. I couldn't tell you what new models will be out next year ('06). That isn't very easy info to get a hold of.

Roasted
08-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Anyone have any info on them yet? Hopefully they fixed the fvcking ground trace problem that leads to blown preouts......
Release dates? Model numbers?

Eh? I've never heard of this before. Elaborate a little more?

cjjackson85
08-10-2005, 07:32 AM
I thought they came out around Jan/Feb to go along with CES... :confused:

I'm probably wrong...

adam71
08-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Eh? I've never heard of this before. Elaborate a little more?

Some of the '05 units had a problem with engine noise and it was due to some ground problem in the deck. I've heard of it causing noise but not the blowing of preouts but I guess when you have internal problems anything can happen.

adam71
08-10-2005, 07:34 AM
I thought they came out around Jan/Feb to go along with CES... :confused:

I'm probably wrong...

Well, that may be the official release from Pioneer but then it all depends on how fast your local dealer can get them in his shop and sometimes that can take a month or two or even longer.

zachzchw
08-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Some of the '05 units had a problem with engine noise and it was due to some ground problem in the deck. I've heard of it causing noise but not the blowing of preouts but I guess when you have internal problems anything can happen.

yeah, the one I had had to be fixed. Pioneer says it comes from bad system ground, but have to call :bsflag: on that. Some people have the problem, some dont. Good thing is Pioneer will do a one time courtesy fix on your deck if it has the problem.
Anyway, by new decks, I mean higher end then the 860/960, like the successor to those decks.

revrider1
08-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Its funny you say this. I just bought a DEH-P7700MP about 2 months ago and I am having a noise problem in my system:crap: . I never knew this about those decks. I havent had a chance to check it out yet, but thanks for the heads up.

adam71
08-11-2005, 10:11 AM
yeah, the one I had had to be fixed. Pioneer says it comes from bad system ground, but have to call :bsflag: on that. Some people have the problem, some dont. Good thing is Pioneer will do a one time courtesy fix on your deck if it has the problem.
Anyway, by new decks, I mean higher end then the 860/960, like the successor to those decks.

If its not a bad system ground then what do you think it is?? One of my best friends is an installer at the local Premier dealer and the few and I mean very few that have come back with problems have been an internal problem described by the service center as partial system ground failure. But that doesn't mean yours didn't have a different problem. I'm just curious because I still run an 860 and would like to know what to look or listen for.

Alpine2005
08-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Well, that may be the official release from Pioneer but then it all depends on how fast your local dealer can get them in his shop and sometimes that can take a month or two or even longer.
Yeah he's right

the 06's new pioneer radios are released on Jan/Feb but shops/dealers won't have them in stock until March/April.

the 06's model numbers are going to be
- DEH-1800
- DEH-P2800MP
- DEH-P3800MP
- DEH-P4800MP
- DEH-P6800MP
- DEH-P7800MP
- DEH-P8800MP
- DEH-P9800MP

and the 05 DEH-P80MP might change to DEH-P90MP or DEH-P81MP or they might not change it.

adam71
08-11-2005, 10:02 PM
It would be kinda cool to see a new flagship to replace the P9 but I don't think that will happen.

zachzchw
08-12-2005, 02:08 AM
If its not a bad system ground then what do you think it is?? One of my best friends is an installer at the local Premier dealer and the few and I mean very few that have come back with problems have been an internal problem described by the service center as partial system ground failure. But that doesn't mean yours didn't have a different problem. I'm just curious because I still run an 860 and would like to know what to look or listen for.

I dont know what it is, I think its bad internals on the deck. I just doubt that everybody that has had this problem had bad system grounds. If it happens, youll know, as it will sound horrible from the alt/engine noise.

adam71
08-12-2005, 02:54 AM
I dont know what it is, I think its bad internals on the deck. I just doubt that everybody that has had this problem had bad system grounds. If it happens, youll know, as it will sound horrible from the alt/engine noise.

LOL.......I think we have a misunderstanding. When I said "system ground failure" I wasn't talking about the system in a given vehicle. I meant that the head unit itself had a manufacturing flaw and was fixed by the service center. Not the fault of the owners.

Not sure if that is what you thought I meant or not but thought I would elaborate that.:)