PDA

View Full Version : My Pioneer deh-p860mp in blown

Alpine2005
07-05-2005, 12:40 AM
ok, I was listening to it for about 30mins and then it turned off and then turned on back but only the subs turned on then it turned off again. After that i heard the circuits getting fried and smoke came out. When i saw the smoke, i was like, Da*n, i knew it was blown.

I tried ejecting my cd, that was still in there, but nothing worked, everything is dead. So i took it out to see if a fuse pop, nope. then used a test light to check the fuses on the car. one of them was blown. so i checked the wiring hardness for the radio with the test light. and the constant didin't have power. so i replaced the fuse and then connected the hu back and it didn't turned on.

i also disconnected all the rca cables and speaker outputs just left the powers and ground to see if at least the display turn on. nope nothing worked.

after all that, i took it up to my room and i opened it. took out the cd player just remove 4 scraws and unpluged 2 connectment. after messing around with it for about 5-8min i was able to take out my cd. then i looked at all the circuits, and everything looked alright but the only thing that looks weird is the MOSFET 50 IC chip, it has black on the solders.

Anyways, i had it for about 5 months and it has a warranty of 2 years.

who do i contant to get it fix?
would they repair or exchange it?
if they repair it, how many days would they take to get it fix

what could of cause my deck to blow? maybe cuz it's 4 of July haha

zachzchw
07-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Did you buy it authorized? If not, then you dont have the 2 year warranty.
If you did, then just take it back to the store you bought it from, they might give you a new one on the spot, or they might send it back to Pioneer to be repaired or replaced. Not sure how long it takes, mines currently at Pioneer, been there for about two weeks now.......
If the store or Pioneer gives you any **** about it, PM me for a direct number to a customer care supervisor you can call.

Alpine2005
07-05-2005, 12:57 AM
whats authorized?

Mr. Opportunist
07-05-2005, 01:01 AM
some one that is authorized by pioneer to sell there product so you probably didnt if your asking that.

3.5Max6spd
07-05-2005, 09:04 AM
that *****...good luck

zachzchw
07-05-2005, 08:08 PM
whats authorized?

Are you serious?
Authorized means an official dealer for Pioneer.......where did you buy it?

IRACEMYCOPCAR
07-07-2005, 08:09 PM
ok,

who do i contant to get it fix?
would they repair or exchange it?
if they repair it, how many days would they take to get it fix

1. it depends on where you bought it and who from. if from a stereo shop thats a dealer take it there, if you were being cheap and got it off the net then LOL!!! you now have to call 1800pioneer and hope they will help you they will probably need a copy of the reciept.

2. again it depends on where you got it, if from a dealer they should replace it for free OTC in the first year and send it back in the second year.

3. IF they let you send it back plan on singing for the next month or more depending on how bad you fried it and how much repair is needed.

tmilla
07-08-2005, 12:00 PM
wouldnt taking it apart void the warrentee????

rapfiend03
07-08-2005, 12:32 PM
x2

cjjackson85
07-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Most likely... Guess he needed that Vanilla Ice CD pretty bad. :(

zachzchw
07-08-2005, 12:50 PM
1. it depends on where you bought it and who from. if from a stereo shop thats a dealer take it there, if you were being cheap and got it off the net then LOL!!! you now have to call 1800pioneer and hope they will help you they will probably need a copy of the reciept.

2. again it depends on where you got it, if from a dealer they should replace it for free OTC in the first year and send it back in the second year.

3. IF they let you send it back plan on singing for the next month or more depending on how bad you fried it and how much repair is needed.

As I said, if you cant get a solution through the 1 800 number, then PM me, Ill give you a contact name and number.... They should do a one time courtesy fix, tell them you got it as a gift, and therefore have no receipt.
It took about two and a half weeks for them to repair mine.

Alpine2005
07-08-2005, 10:57 PM
hey guys, i got my deck to work today

the other day i took it to a radio repair shop and told them that my deck was blown and also told them that it might be the MOSFET 50 IC chip. so one of the guys looked at it. and said yeah it looks like it's the amp/chip.

So i asked him if they sold them. yeah they had the MOSFET 50, MOSFET 60 IC chip in stock. so i bought the MOSFET 50. i was thinking of geting MOSFET 60 so i would have a bit more power and maybe have the only p860mp deck pushing out 28rms x 4 and 60 x 4 peak but i didn't, maybe it would of damage my deck even more.

so i when home and desoldered the blown one off and soldered the new one on. now it's working like new again.

thanks anyways for your help guys

stones
07-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Your so totally welcome it, was my pleasure to help you.
You owe me ten bucks now....

Just kidding, it looks like you handled the proplem like a pro by yourself.