PDA

View Full Version : help needed

aquamoe21
07-03-2005, 08:14 PM
i have 2 idmax 12s. i'm running around 1000wrms to them. someone told me to put them in a sealed box because to many watts in a ported will blow the subs. so question is, what size box should i use. i want something loud but with a good low bass but still sounds good. like a 50/50 split for sq/spl. thanks for any info.

aquamoe21
07-03-2005, 08:40 PM
i just read on another thread that a ported box could handle more power than a sealed box. someone please help me because i am confused. i want something loud but i want it to sound good. i don't want to hurt my sub by putting it in the wrong by and running that much power to it. thanks alot for any help.

90accordman
07-03-2005, 09:11 PM
sealed can handle more power then ported normally. JL Audios site has some nice tutorials if you would like to look there.

Mr. Loki
07-03-2005, 09:13 PM
certain subs will handle lots of power sealed (adire, dd, audioque) if you need help though I can design you a box and all the plans for your idmax. Thats a great woofer geared toward SQ, but with tuning in a ported box you have endless options. Most of the time yes ported will benefit you, but if tuned to low you run into problems. Not to mention your subs could bottom out and so fourth.

aquamoe21
07-04-2005, 12:02 AM
certain subs will handle lots of power sealed (adire, dd, audioque) if you need help though I can design you a box and all the plans for your idmax. Thats a great woofer geared toward SQ, but with tuning in a ported box you have endless options. Most of the time yes ported will benefit you, but if tuned to low you run into problems. Not to mention your subs could bottom out and so fourth.

what would you suggest sealed or ported. i don't want to hurt my subs. the id web site says for 1.1 cubic feet sealed or infinite baffle(i don't know what that is) and 2.0 to 2.8 cubes for ported tuned to 28hz and for the port demension it says ID passive radiator(i don't know what that is either). any help?