PDA

View Full Version : Sirius?

TidalWaveTib
07-03-2005, 06:00 PM
I was just given the Sirius Starmate reciever as a gift and Im going to mount it either where the ashtray is now or inside the sunglass holder, because it fits perfect. My question is I want to hardwire it into my kenwood headunit so i don't have to use the FM transmittor and so I can control it from my head unit (sirius ready) instead of from the reciever , but the only input I have on my headunit is a 13 pin cd changer input and there is a 1/8 inch audio output jack on the Starmate, is there anyway i can do this either by getting a converter or even rewiring the cd changer jack, which I have read a few people have done in their cars, but I don't know if you can do it with an aftermarket head unit, any input would be greatly appreciated :)

IRACEMYCOPCAR
07-03-2005, 09:13 PM
ok well first of all if your cd player has an aux. input you can get the sound to go through it without using the FM modulator. im not sure about kenwood but i know pioneer and JVC both make an adapter that turns the changer input into RCA's which you can use as an aux. input. However as for contolling the sirius unit from the kenwood i doubt it is possible unless you are an electronics genius thats willing to fry his radio trying to do it.

If you want to be able to control sirius from your head unit id suggest buying the correct sirius tuner box for your radio and save yourself a giant headache, either sell the portable or use it in the house.