PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DEH-770MP with Sirius tuner, disappointing display..

squale
07-03-2005, 10:38 AM
I just got this head unit with the Sirius tuner installed in my car yesterday. The head unit looks really nice and all, but the sirius display is very lacking. I am only able to see 8 characters at a time, if you want to switch between song title, artist, etc. you have to go threw this function menu which is a pain in the butt. There is NO direct channel entry, NO signal strength meter, NO look ahead feature, NO s-seek, etc.. Now coming from a Sirius PNP unit I know that I was going to be missing some features like the s-seek and that big display, but I was very disappointed to not even be able to see the full name of the artist or song title on that big display on the head unit. Plus whatever info you have set to see, say for instance the song title, it will scroll just 1 time, then it just stops and sits there, it DOESNT' continuosly scrool which really stinks. As I understand it, if you are using the XM tuner with this HU then you get more of the above things I am complaining about, but I am a Sirius guy and I would think that if they are going to support both companies, then Pioneer should of made the display and features the same for both companies in their head units..

Now some questions... does anybody know if it is possible for Pioneer to release a software upgrade to this radio that will enable a better Sirius display, etc... I am sure that a lot of people that bought this radio for Sirius use are disappointed right now!

Has there ever been a way to do a software upgrade on a headunit?

I am starting to think that I should of gotten the JVC KD-AR960 instead because that displays a bunch more Sirius info, for instance you can see the song title, artist name, channel name + number, signal strength and time all at the same time on the display which is much nicer. Plus you can look ahead to see what's playing on other stations without changing what you are listening too..

ruckus
07-03-2005, 03:06 PM
why not put this in reviews where it belongs ;)

IRACEMYCOPCAR
07-03-2005, 04:14 PM
you should have got the JVC.

90accordman
07-04-2005, 12:59 PM
do you have the volt meter working on yours?