PDA

View Full Version : Moving Headunit to New Car

car110223
07-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi you all, my 86 chevy s-10 threw a rod in the engine so i got a 94 Ford ranger and i wanted to know what parts i need to save from this truck. It is a AIWA CDC-204 headunit and it has the metal piece that locks the headunit in place. How do you remove the metal collar without ruining it and do they sell new ones. The plastic adapter i have won't let me take it out without bending it. Otherwise thats all. Hit me up

Silver
07-01-2005, 10:33 AM
First of all, is the hu out already? If not there are keys to take it out with or some type of release thing. For removing the metal piece just check to see where the metal tabs are bent inward. Make sure you bend them all out it should slide right out. About the plastic adapter, I dunno what you mean. Explain more about it. :crazy:

car110223
07-01-2005, 03:26 PM
The plastic adapter i am referring to is the piece that converts the bigger factory radio hole to a single din opening so an aftermarket one will fit. I saw the tabs you were talking about, i just bent them up with a flathead and it came out. Thanks.

Silver
07-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Well Will the radio fit without the adapter? If not there are probably tabs on the adapter that need to be pried out and then the adapter should come out. If that doesn't work, break the motherfuc*er and call it a day. :crap: JK I'm sure a local radio shop or best buy or circuit city will have one, probable arount 6-10$.

Peace

Justintoxicated
07-01-2005, 10:58 PM
just get a new CD-Player much better choice!

cjjackson85
07-01-2005, 10:59 PM
:word: