PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new multimedia H/U...

southwest713
06-29-2005, 10:33 PM
i'm trying to find something similar to the avic n2......with dvd, navigation, and mp3 but with a decent price tag. a touch screen would be a big plus. any headunits out like this? pioneer, clarion, eclipse, alpine...or any others worth buying? i would like for it to have maybe 3 preouts with decent voltage.

AVSTANG02
06-29-2005, 10:38 PM
pioneer is the only brand with an all in one unit.

both kenwood and alpine have add on modules for nav..
for around a grand. I dunno what year they came out in so I dunno what the technology is like.

I really like the N2 because it has the 3d nav...

IRACEMYCOPCAR
06-30-2005, 09:27 AM
if you want to give up navigation/touchscreen, you can get the JVC KD-AVX1, it is an indash with dvd and giga-mp3 capability. three sets of 5V pre-outs. can be had for under $500.

most in dash screens have 2V outputs, even the N2.

how much are you willing to spend?? i know best try is bustin' people in the head for 2 grand on the AVIC-N2, our store sells it brand new with warranty for $1399 everyday. maybe try to find a good used AVIC-N1????

i think feature and price wise pioneers in dash cant be beat. alpine is a lot of money, and kenwood in dash's are the ugliest things ive ever seen, the last good one was the KVT911DVD.

southwest713
07-02-2005, 01:47 AM
well thats really the main thing i want... navigation/touchscreen
maybe just a separate navigation unit?

IRACEMYCOPCAR
07-02-2005, 12:09 PM
well IMO you arent going to find anything thats decent for cheap. touchscreen and nav are EXPENSIVE no matter what brand you buy, yes you could just buy a touchscreen and add nav. later but you will end up spending more that way(unless you find a deal on used equipment) so basicly you arent going to get those features on any new unit for less.

I dont know what you call a "decent" price, but i think $1400 for DVD,NAV,Touchscreen indash is CHEAP, you wont find a new alpine or kenwood for that with those features.

if you can give up the Nav. then you will be able to find one for less, i never understood what the big deal about nav. was anyway I CAN READ A MAP.