PDA

View Full Version : Using body filler

FLiP
06-29-2005, 04:39 AM
Ive got my midrange drivers in the stock panels in my doors but i cant fit the stock grill over them so i wanna just fill the gaps around the woofer so the panel looks smooth and the woofer apears flush mounted.

The gap i want to fill is about an inch deep could I just fill this with body filler stuff? or is that too much, am thinking maybe the bottom of it wont dry but ive never used it before so I dont know.

Could i just fill it with body filler or would I be better off fiber glassing over the gap? in which case my other question would be if I stretch some cloth over the plastic mould I already have and fiberglass it would the fiber glass attack to the plastic or when its dry would it just lift off?

Any help is greatly apreciated ;)

GreenMachine70
06-29-2005, 06:16 AM
Body Filler Dosent require air to dry its mixed with a chemical hardener with reacts the the filler and causes it to harden. just to let you know.

BeanII
06-29-2005, 09:40 AM
you should be fine...... You got any pics?

theCybe
06-29-2005, 09:55 AM
If it needs to be extra durable, glass it; Otherwise, lots of people have had good luck w/ modeling clay, w/ bodyfiller over top.

AzGrower
06-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Can you help fill the gap with a MDF baffle ring then glass that in or use the body filler. If you are worried about the strength of it, use a product like Tiger Hair or Kitty Hair, which has small milled fiberglass strands mixed in the compound.

FLiP
06-29-2005, 12:29 PM
ok thanks for the help i figured it dried in the air, i gues it doesnt need to be too durable but I dont want to do it and then one day it all falls apart.

will post a pic of what am talking about in a bit

AzGrower
06-29-2005, 04:31 PM
will post a pic of what am talking about in a bit

Bloody hell, hurry up then "GOVNAH"