PDA

View Full Version : precision ports

boister77
06-27-2005, 04:11 PM
does anyone know the displacement of the flare end of an precision port?

also, using the calculator on the psp-inc website. i get these resutls:

Straight Length Port required 9.51
Flare Length Port required 10.51

i'm lost on the flare port length. can someone explain. thanks!

bcarpenterfhl
06-27-2005, 04:33 PM
you'll be fine just using calculating the port displcacement just as you were a normal tubed port. the flare displaces probably thousandths of a cubic foot, and there would be no audible difference.

Moe Lester
06-27-2005, 07:10 PM
with those ports, you do the standard straight length calculation, and subtract i think either 4 or 5", that # is how long the middle tube should be. as carpenter said, just calculate them as a straight port, its not a large enough difference to matter

SliderX
06-27-2005, 10:41 PM
With the one I used from partsexpress, you take the port length subtract 5inches, then you glue on both of the ends onto the pipe, and the whole thing should end up being one inch longer than the port length.

InhumanAcura
06-27-2005, 10:50 PM
With the one I used from partsexpress, you take the port length subtract 5inches, then you glue on both of the ends onto the pipe, and the whole thing should end up being one inch longer than the port length.

i wouldnt glue them...you can use them a million times over if you use duct/electrical tape..

bcarpenterfhl
06-28-2005, 02:13 AM
i wouldnt glue them...you can use them a million times over if you use duct/electrical tape..

yea silicone + duct tape would be good. silicone is real easy to remove off of plastic.