PDA

View Full Version : Bass Blocker

ThatDude
06-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Hey, I just installed a 200 uf bass blocker cap, on my 6X9s cause they were making is horrible popping sound with loud volume. I wanted to know if anyone could tell me about where the crossover point would be with these. They are running to a 4 ohm speaker, but the amp is bridged to 2 ohm a channel ( to sets of speakers per a channel). I don't think that should affect anything but if it does let me know. So I turned it up after the install, and was pretty satisfied to get rid of the popping sounds. My subs (2 10s) are set to pick up at about 110Hz, so I'm hoping that the 6X9's leave off somewhere around 100Hz. So can someone please tell me the specs of a 200 uf bass blocker? Thanks in advance.

squeak9798
06-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Looks like it's right around 200hz.

And, just as an FYI: it's just sheer coincidence that you have a 200uf cap, and the xover point is 200hz. Just so no one thinks that the capacitance always equals the crossover frequency.

monte_carlo97
06-27-2005, 03:20 PM
And, just as an FYI: it's just sheer coincidence that you have a 200uf cap, and the xover point is 200hz. Just so no one thinks that the capacitance always equals the crossover frequency.
another thing to also note is that the freq. will change with different ohm loads.