PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading HU

Silver
06-27-2005, 11:40 AM
As of now I have a Clarion RDB335D it puts out 30x4watts peak. Its gettin a bit old now, it makes my cd's hot its like taking something out of a freakin oven. Distorts cd's, skips over every little bump, and has taken a fist of fury to the faceplate a few times. Its time for a new 1.

I was wondering what the best CD player would be for around 200$ retail that I can buy from. The circuit city in my area is having a close out sale on Alpine HU's (9827) for erm 130ish.

Is there anything better I could look at?

Thanks.

Decipha
06-27-2005, 11:50 AM
personally i wouldn't get any alpine HU older than a 9833... your call, just look around
you'll find something more suitable for your needs, unless that unit is what you want

BTW: i'd recommend not giving your new HU a fist of fury, i believe that voids the warranty

..just my .02

ss3079
06-27-2005, 07:02 PM
What features are you looking for? Mp3 / WMA? Remote? Motorized face? # of preouts? Etc.

There are quite a few units in your price range ... ranging from Alpine, Panasonic, JVC, Pioneer, Clarion etc.

Silver
06-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Well I went with a 9825 from circuit city (cheap). Now my sub distorts like a mofo and everything sounds like crap.

Before I had a line-out converter with my RDB355D, sounded clean compared to this. What happened?

andy1234
06-28-2005, 10:28 AM
you have to adjust the gain on the am,p to match the head unit thats why

iceteebone
06-28-2005, 10:34 AM
read the sticky in the amp forum, young man.

also, why can i not start new threads anymore? did i **** up somewhere? has my thread-starting privlages been revoked?
:offtopic: :ban:

Silver
06-28-2005, 10:43 AM
you have to adjust the gain on the am,p to match the head unit thats why

Cool, thanks.

My components distort also now (Pioneer TS-G6840R). They never did before, i've been playin with this HU for awhile now. Still, my sub bumped sooo much harder then what it used to. All my old HU had was bass and treble and LD. (Loud)

Anyone know a little about this unit or where I can find out how to tune it? (I already read the manual a few times :naughty: ).

Thanks

Oh and one more thing, when I turn off the internal amp the sub pounds and sounds way better then it was on the old set up. So wots up?