PDA

View Full Version : component system

Dozy_production
06-27-2005, 01:12 AM
I listen to a wide range of music : techno to rock to rap to blue jazz and it goes on. oops besides country. not this country's at least. i am looking at the cdt CL-61 for 150 bucks comparing to the mb quart rce-216 for 100. i want a "warm" and not harsh sounding tweeter and pretty punchy base. i know these quesitons are so d@mn anoying for forums but hey im not going to buy these speakers just because i got some one saying go get the cdt. just for reference. thank you

-dozy

SteelWheel
06-27-2005, 01:31 AM
I am certainly no expert, as I am begging for input myself. I will tell you that I heard a pair of MB Quart's the other day and was not at all impressed. Were not even the same model speakers, in fact, were not even components, but still, I was totally turned off. they were very flat sounding, and i am assuming that for $100 the components you are considering would be their bottom line.

I recommend that you do a search for each of these models and see what you come up with. I just did one on the CDT CL with mixed reviews. The CDT EF's, which you can locate for $50 more seem to be much more favored.

Hope that helps some.

Dozy_production
06-27-2005, 03:52 AM
thanks a lot, but i guess this all comes down to preference. but thanks!

audiolife
06-27-2005, 06:12 AM
thanks a lot, but i guess this all comes down to preference. but thanks!
for there to be a prefference you gotta be able to listen to them. i will agree entry level quarts are a very short stride compaired to refference and premium lines of quart. your mid bass response will be 80% based on you install.