PDA

View Full Version : achoo (kick panels)

Dozy_production
06-26-2005, 11:39 PM
lets say a certain some one (:sneaky:) didnt have the time or the materials to make a custom fiberglass or any type of kick panel enclosure. Would it be worth it to buy the Q logic kick panel? how would it sound and is there another company offering kick panels for honda civic 95'? thanks

-dozy

audiolife
06-27-2005, 06:26 AM
better at least buy a few feet of deadening material if you go q logic. they resonate alot

theCybe
06-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Your money is better spent begging a forum member to construct you some proper pods.

squeak9798
06-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Like audiolife said; they aren't very strong at all and resonant horribly. Deadener or molding clay will need to be added to the walls of the enclosure.

Also; from what I've experiences, some Q-logics are aimed well, and some are aimed horribly. An acquaintance of mine has an Alero with Q-logics in there, and they sound like poop and are aimed pretty poorly. Soundstage was at my knees. So, it may have good results, and it may not.

Dozy_production
06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
hahaha thank you.

audiolife
06-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Like audiolife said; they aren't very strong at all and resonant horribly. Deadener or molding clay will need to be added to the walls of the enclosure.

Also; from what I've experiences, some Q-logics are aimed well, and some are aimed horribly. An acquaintance of mine has an Alero with Q-logics in there, and they sound like poop and are aimed pretty poorly. Soundstage was at my knees. So, it may have good results, and it may not.
sounds like a phase issue if its that far off lol but then again maybe not lol