PDA

View Full Version : My Second Kick Panel COMPETE....One Kickpanel in One Day!

Starky
06-26-2005, 06:19 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/stark1177/leftkick001.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/stark1177/leftkick002.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/stark1177/leftkick003.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/stark1177/leftkick004.jpg

I think I might've F***ed up direction its pointing...I wont know how it sounds till tommorow, when I get my New Amp Right now im only running my right channel because my amp's left channel Blew.....anyways...yea, got up at 9 am sharp....got done at 5:38 :crazy: ....im whoooped...and I reak like hell

Questions Comments?

:D

ruckus
06-26-2005, 06:24 PM
they look crosseyed and dont looked to formed to the shape of the car.

jellyfish420
06-26-2005, 06:53 PM
if they sound good thats all that matters....
but i looks like you just wrapped the back of the speaker in carpet and threw it on the floor:(

Starky
06-26-2005, 07:00 PM
they look crosseyed and dont looked to formed to the shape of the car.

The one I did today was kinda off...when I shaped it....on the very left there is a large dip in the plastic and it was kinda hard to fiber glass it exactly...

And I know they do look kinda cross eyed..but im gonna see how it sounds 1st before I scrap left one (the one I made today)...the right one sounds great

AndyB
06-26-2005, 07:08 PM
:sick:

AndyB
06-26-2005, 07:09 PM
^^ j/p starky... the left one i dont like though, doesnt look like it flows.

jellyfish420
06-27-2005, 12:13 AM
i'd redo both. :(
the right one looks like its aimed at your feet

traksta15
06-27-2005, 12:22 AM
looks like the right one is pointing out the driver side window, and the left one is pointing between the 2 front seats, better than i could do though, good job if it sounds good though!!!!

req
06-27-2005, 12:29 AM
this is what you do mr starky,

you cut a ring out thats got the right inner dimension as your speaker, and 1" larger OUTER dimension as your speaker [or the grille] . then cut ANOTHER rig, thats like 1\8" larger than the outer dimension of your speaker [again the grille], and 1" larger than the outer dimension [yet again, the grille]. stack them up, glue them together, and your speaker should sit flush with the grille in there.

then make a rear mould of glass, IMO - only 2 or 3 layers is needed. then use chopsticks (cheap+free @ local resturant) and hot-glue to mount them in the right direction (try to aim them a little in front\below the opposite headrest if you can)

then get some fleece, and after you cut and sand them rear moulds with the baffles on there, stretch it over the entire thing and hot glue it down on the back of the mould.

resin it up, let it dry. cut the center out with a dremel, then resin the entire inside. let that dry, and then get some adhesive spray, and cover the carpet and the pod. let it tak up for a minute or so, then stick it on (all the way into the baffle if you can) and use a razor to cut out the center.

if you do it like that, they should come out really sweet, but never make your baffles all odd shaped like you did with this expierement. and try to mount them higher up into the corner (or attach them to your stock kick panels :p: )

props for trying this tho - lots of people just spend money on q-logics :p:

good job, but you still need a little more practice :thumbsup:

jellyfish420
06-27-2005, 12:46 AM
before you scrap the ones thats in there now, move them around and see what way sounds the best to you. i usually aim both kick at the driver headrest. i personally think it sounds better....and by sounds better, i mean to me. i could give a fu(k less how it sounds to everyone else in the car, after all...it my car;)

Decipha
06-27-2005, 01:28 AM
also make sure the carpet matches the interior thats charcoal on cream

Starky
06-27-2005, 02:45 AM
this is what you do mr starky,

you cut a ring out thats got the right inner dimension as your speaker, and 1" larger OUTER dimension as your speaker [or the grille] . then cut ANOTHER rig, thats like 1\8" larger than the outer dimension of your speaker [again the grille], and 1" larger than the outer dimension [yet again, the grille]. stack them up, glue them together, and your speaker should sit flush with the grille in there.

then make a rear mould of glass, IMO - only 2 or 3 layers is needed. then use chopsticks (cheap+free @ local resturant) and hot-glue to mount them in the right direction (try to aim them a little in front\below the opposite headrest if you can)

then get some fleece, and after you cut and sand them rear moulds with the baffles on there, stretch it over the entire thing and hot glue it down on the back of the mould.

resin it up, let it dry. cut the center out with a dremel, then resin the entire inside. let that dry, and then get some adhesive spray, and cover the carpet and the pod. let it tak up for a minute or so, then stick it on (all the way into the baffle if you can) and use a razor to cut out the center.

if you do it like that, they should come out really sweet, but never make your baffles all odd shaped like you did with this expierement. and try to mount them higher up into the corner (or attach them to your stock kick panels :p: )

props for trying this tho - lots of people just spend money on q-logics :p:

good job, but you still need a little more practice :thumbsup:

Well for one, they're not an odd shape, they are circles, it looks like an odd shape because the circle cut outs are laying right next to the base, it doesnt protrude that much

#2. I tried to aim it towards the driver seat head rest....it was hard because I would've have had to have the speaker close to flat....all that was really off today was my aiming of the ring.

# three....my right side one sounds great....and is pointed right towards my head

cjjackson85
06-27-2005, 02:49 AM
Looks cross-eyed, similar to forum member T9X... :crazy:

http://img166.echo.cx/img166/3514/money7nu.jpg

audiolife
06-27-2005, 06:43 AM
personally sometimes off axis is ok but in this instance (unless by some miricle of god) it shouldnt stage evenly.(i say miricle because i have seen it work before though lol) i would check to see how it sounds if you get better feel for one over the other match the better one.

theCybe
06-27-2005, 09:10 AM
I couldn't give up my dead-pedal area. I'm like six-five, and that legroom is precious.

audiolife
06-27-2005, 09:11 AM
cut half of ur left leg off and become a pirate lol

Starky
06-27-2005, 11:32 AM
then your peg would have to go some where...

I was thinking the same thing, my foot is there alot...but I think I can manage giving some up some space

redphoenix
09-12-2005, 08:57 PM
the idea is there, but could "look" better. I like the sub placement, thats pretty cool.

Bake
09-12-2005, 09:45 PM
you ever consider taking out that stock cd player and putting the little cubby hole there?

Chevyaudio
09-12-2005, 09:48 PM
ever consider that this thread is almost 3 months old

Bake
09-12-2005, 11:32 PM
ok

ss3079
09-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Call 'em a ******** again and watch where it lands you.

req
09-13-2005, 12:06 AM
Call 'em a ******** again and watch where it lands you.

if i could delete posts. id delete his :(

where is goob at to fix my stuff. ever.

Starky
09-13-2005, 12:42 AM
long live my thread ;)

iceteebone
09-13-2005, 12:50 AM
where you at in michigan?

Starky
09-13-2005, 01:24 AM
lol, I just asked you in your other thread in the classifieds.....by detroit, just north in grosse Pointe

iceteebone
09-13-2005, 08:03 PM
lol, I just asked you in your other thread in the classifieds.....by detroit, just north in grosse Pointe

gross pointe eh? nice area. i use to live inside detroit, but now live up near houghton lake.