PDA

View Full Version : Problems with DEH-P3600

SSS 18734
06-25-2005, 10:49 PM
I've been having some issues with my head unit, a Pioneer DEH-P3600. I've had it for one year and I dont want to get rid of it because it is a great unit for only 100 bucks.

Anyway, about 1 month ago, I got terrible alternator whine and on/off thump after I re-wired my system. So after checking everything, I concluded it was the Head Unit and took it to a repair shop to be covered under warranty. They fixed it up and under service performed on my reciept it says "REPLACED OPEN FUSE IN LINE OUT CKT. INSTALLED EJ KIT" I have no idea what this means, but it fixed the problem so i was fine with it.

After hooking my subs up to my new box, though, I had the same problem, so I took it back under the shop's warranty. I asked the guy what kind of fuse it was and he said it was a tiny circuit fuse the size of a grain of sand, and that this was the last time he would fix it because there is something wrong with my wiring. So I cant afford to blow it again. :crap:

Does anyone know what my problem might be? Theres a 10 amp fuse on the back of the HU that has never been blown... so is it my fault or is the HU just going bad on me?

p.s. sorry for the long post :veryhapp:

chris96camaro
06-25-2005, 10:52 PM
I've been having some issues with my head unit, a Pioneer DEH-P3600. I've had it for one year and I dont want to get rid of it because it is a great unit for only 100 bucks.

Anyway, about 1 month ago, I got terrible alternator whine and on/off thump after I re-wired my system. So after checking everything, I concluded it was the Head Unit and took it to a repair shop to be covered under warranty. They fixed it up and under service performed on my reciept it says "REPLACED OPEN FUSE IN LINE OUT CKT. INSTALLED EJ KIT" I have no idea what this means, but it fixed the problem so i was fine with it.

After hooking my subs up to my new box, though, I had the same problem, so I took it back under the shop's warranty. I asked the guy what kind of fuse it was and he said it was a tiny circuit fuse the size of a grain of sand, and that this was the last time he would fix it because there is something wrong with my wiring. So I cant afford to blow it again. :crap:

Does anyone know what my problem might be? Theres a 10 amp fuse on the back of the HU that has never been blown... so is it my fault or is the HU just going bad on me?

p.s. sorry for the long post :veryhapp:

I don't know anything that you could have done wrong if it worked fine for a year...I would try to get in touch with someone from pioneer about it...I had a problem once with my old 7700 and they helped me with it...

zachzchw
06-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Sounds like it might be the infamous Pioneer ground trace problem. First Ive heard of it happening in the lower models. My understanding is that a ground plane in the deck goes bad....often caused by unplugging rca cables with the deck on.
Get it fixed again, only thing you can do.
Pioneer really needs to get their **** together. We should start a petition or something to show them how many people have had noise problems with their decks.

SSS 18734
06-26-2005, 05:04 PM
thanks for the replies so far. does anyone else have any input, or has anyone else had the same thing happen to them?

SSS 18734
06-29-2005, 03:16 PM
bump. anyone else? the unit just got fixed for the second time and before I go pick it up I want to make sure its not my fault its blowing.

SSS 18734
06-29-2005, 03:54 PM
bump bump bump

joshpoints
06-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Sounds like it might be the infamous Pioneer ground trace problem. First Ive heard of it happening in the lower models. My understanding is that a ground plane in the deck goes bad....often caused by unplugging rca cables with the deck on.
Get it fixed again, only thing you can do.
Pioneer really needs to get their **** together. We should start a petition or something to show them how many people have had noise problems with their decks.

Wow you just prevented me from getting a pioneer unit. Thanks for saving me the head ache. Now I must broaden my selection.

adam71
06-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Wow you just prevented me from getting a pioneer unit. Thanks for saving me the head ache. Now I must broaden my selection.

Why??? If you consider how many Pioneer head units are out on the road today and what 1 -5 % have had this problem. Its up to you what unit you get but remember that you usually only hear about the bad ones not all the good units that have been sold by Pioneer. Just something to think about.

Remember, the new Alpine '05 units are having problems too. But just remember to get a warranty with your new unit so that you can get ANY problems fixed if something should go wrong. I don't know what is wrong with the thread starters deck but anyone I've heard of having this ground problem and gets it fixed hasn't had to take it in a 2nd time.

I've owned a butt load of Pioneer decks in my day and I've NEVER had to send one in for repair.

adam71
06-30-2005, 12:12 AM
bump. anyone else? the unit just got fixed for the second time and before I go pick it up I want to make sure its not my fault its blowing.

Did you install this deck yourself?? What is supposedly wrong with the way you wired it?? I mean what are they saying you're doing wrong specifically.??