PDA

View Full Version : CDT CL 61 vs CDT CDT EF 61 -- Please help

SteelWheel
06-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Need help from those who know.

Considering buying one of these two sets of components, and was leaning toward the EF's for $200. The problem -- CDT has these rated at 120 RMS. If that means that I need an amp that will put at least 120 rms to them, then I am going to need a larger amp than I was considering. Or am I going to need two amps? (I was hoping to get a 5 channel to run the front four speakers & a small sub. Or, in the alternative, a 4 channel with two channels bridged for the sub)
This just seems like a big requirement for the fronts.

Next, how big of a drop down in SQ would the CL 61 be? It is rated at a much more manageable 75 watts RMS. Also, has anyone ever installed these in a 4 runner? Any problems? I called CDT and the guy I woke up told me call Toyota and ask them. LOL.

ighettoboyi
06-25-2005, 06:09 PM
the ef's will be fine with 75w.....

AVSTANG02
06-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Next, how big of a drop down in SQ would the CL 61 be? It is rated at a much more manageable 75 watts RMS. Also, has anyone ever installed these in a 4 runner? Any problems? I called CDT and the guy I woke up told me call Toyota and ask them. LOL.

He prolly just does not know what size speakers your car has...

audiolife
06-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Need help from those who know.

Considering buying one of these two sets of components, and was leaning toward the EF's for $200. The problem -- CDT has these rated at 120 RMS. If that means that I need an amp that will put at least 120 rms to them, then I am going to need a larger amp than I was considering. Or am I going to need two amps? (I was hoping to get a 5 channel to run the front four speakers & a small sub. Or, in the alternative, a 4 channel with two channels bridged for the sub)
This just seems like a big requirement for the fronts.

yuh i know how that goes with them they told me 4 years ago their speakers were "much better than horns" but then when i said i was gonig to put 250 watts a side on them they said i "didnt know what i was doing" lmao so i was like hmmmmmmm ok ill keep my horns. i wasnt overly impressed when our stock of cdt came in. it wasnt like it was focal or dyna, not bad but definately not the most lively type sound. (dont mean this in a bad way) it sounds good just not spectacular kinda like my old jl's either sounded spectacular or got reallllllllly narsty. i know some people will go "it is better than jl xr's" but as far as to get excited over no way. if you want a good set of components for not alot of money i would SERIOUSLY look into focal kevlars or a set of memphis syncs or mcsqs.

SteelWheel
06-25-2005, 08:13 PM
I appreciate the replys guys.

Audiolife, I have noted your fondness for Memphis in previous threads and maybe you can help me out a little.

Ironically, based in part on your comments, I most likely would have had Memphis components installed earlier this week. However, the car audio store that is located about two blocks from my house was not the least bit helpful.

First, the store did not have ANY 6.5" speakers operating. However, I did listen to the 4 x something Memphis coaxils and I thought they sounded very good.

They had a pair of 6.5" Memphis components but I am not at all certain what line they were. They did have that "honeycomb" look to them. So I do not think that they were the power reference series. The guy said they were M Class when I asked.

They did not, however, have the "convertible" tweeter so that that the peaker can act as a coaxil or a component that is shown on Memphis' website as being the M Class. I asked the guy about this and he said he did not know.

My best guess is that the store has last year's M Class. What are your thoughts?? (By the way, the convertible feature in and of itself means little, if anything, to me. I just do not know what other differences there may be between models, and I can't really judge whether the price is good since I do not really know what I am looking at). In any case, I do not think they were msync (sp?).

By the way, the components were $139.00. Another store (that does not have any soundboard) said they have msyncs for $249.00.

Again, does the set I saw sound like last year's M Class or something else? If its last years, is $139 a good price??

what about $249 for the msync's??

Any light you can shed on any of the above would be greatly appreciated. I really did like the sound of the Memphis coaxs' I heard.

audiolife
06-25-2005, 08:39 PM
mcsq's have a blue tweeter dome the syncs are convertable with a bullet in the middle other than that all i know is too look at the memphis site http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?id=9 those are the mcsq's. they are a VERY forgiving speaker. if they sound bad you crossed a wire or you have really bad baffles. we messed around with them and outside of being slightly un bright we couldnt get them to sound that bad. if i wasnt running syncs i woulda got these an ran the titanium tweet and set it slightly off axis