PDA

View Full Version : 94 Thunderbird 5x7 Speaker Help

focused313
06-23-2005, 10:06 PM
I've been away from car audio for some time now, but now that I'm starting to get back into it, I want to start off by getting my mids/highs good (but hardly..... perfect yet).

I have a 94 T-Bird with 5x7's all around. I would like to keep that setup if possible, but I know components are the best way to go (with either Diamond Audio or ....I forgot the other brand). My budget is about $200 or less. I realize I can just get a set of components and forget about the two 2 speakers in the rear, so if I would opt out best like that, please let me know. I plan to amp whatever speakers I choose in the future, but I'm taking baby steps here.

For my head unit I purchased a Panasonic CQ-C1401U with a 3 year warranty. I really don't like the money I dished out, but I wanted a mp3 player and in the long run, I think they are much better than simple cd players.

I am currently thinking about going to best buy to purchase my 5x7's, only because I know a girl and I can use her discount? would it be worth getting the best speakers they have on her discount and having BB's installers put them in?

thanks for your help in advance and have a blessed day.

millerscents
06-25-2005, 06:00 PM
I have a 95 t bird and it only took me about 35-40 min to hook up my front and rear 5x7. The rear only have a cover plate the front had 4 screws one was behind the door light on the lower outside edge. then lift up and door panel is off.

Raven
06-26-2005, 01:38 PM
My sugguestion is to buy or make mount rings to convert your 5x7 opening into a 5.25 opening. This really opens your options for buying components. From there, you can browse the forum looking for comp sets in your price and go to best buy and listen to what they have.

Normally it's not worth it going to best buy because they charge so much, but with an employee discount.. see if they have Alpine Type R comps.

I posted a thread about this a long time ago. I needed 6.5" comps but most should also be available in 5.25. http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=80597