PDA

View Full Version : most acousic/clear tweets?

SinongTatayMo
06-22-2005, 05:42 PM
alright so i know i can't put horns in my car so dont suggest it lol. so im thinking about some tweets. and i can't think of great ones that come to mind. i know dls, rainbow, ID, and so forth, is there better? im looking to spend 200 tops maybe 250 we'll see on how much i want them any suggestions on tweets?

squeak9798
06-22-2005, 05:50 PM
You looking for full comp set, or ONLY tweeters? How are you setting these up? Active or on a passive?

SinongTatayMo
06-22-2005, 05:56 PM
well depends. im still debating on which is better full comp set or build my own. money is just a barrier..if i really want to do something ill take the time and save and do it right. but for this post. im going 2-way setup, tweet and midbass, active setup, 4 channel amp. plus sub & amp which i already have. but i love listening to acoustics and i love clarity when i listen to my music. that's why im trying to find out what's a good set of tweets out there to satisfy my craving!

squeak9798
06-22-2005, 06:04 PM
www.meniscusaudio.com
www.partsexpress.com
www.madisound.com
www.zalytron.com
www.speakercity.com
www.solen.ca
www.diymobileaudio.com
www.mobilesq.com

Look into the Dayton RS tweeters, Max Fidelity Neo30, Seas tweeters, LPG 25/26nfa.....aswell as the offerings from Morel, Vifa, Peerless, Scanspeak, Usher, etc etc.

Have fun and good luck :up2somet: :D And just remember that price does not dictate performance.

SinongTatayMo
06-22-2005, 06:10 PM
yea i know taht from what i have read so far and heard...when looking at tweets what are the important specs to observe? so i know exactly what justifies a qulaity tweet?

squeak9798
06-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Well, if you know how low you'll want the tweeter to play, FS is a something. General rule of thumb is to cross a tweeter at no lower than twice it's FS. You want to make sure the general efficiencies between the tweeter and mid are close, otherwise you're going to end up padding one or the other down a lot. Check frequency response plots for on- or off-axis performance if you know where they will be located. Waterfall plots if you can find them. That kinda stuff.... :) It'd take a chapter of a book to get into all the nitty-gritty details..but that should get you started.

RumbleNTheTrunk
06-22-2005, 10:32 PM
What about Diamond Audio Squeak? I got my hex s600s's in today...havent installed them yet though...