PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Narrowing Down My Decision

Justintoxicated
06-22-2005, 01:01 AM
What to get with $450... I want components that are clear and not harsh. I really have no idea what to get but it would be really cool if I could keep my existing amp. It's an eclipse 75x2 watt.

Or do you recomend I take some of the cash and invest it into a new amplifier and get cheaper components?

So far the DLS look nice and so do RE, CDT and Diamond Hexes ....

But I have no idea what the difference in molde numbers is for the CDT and RE, especialy when I will be running them off this amp, (if it still works)....

Im really lost and I am sick and tired of driving around with my door pannels off in my new truck. I'm about to put the stock **** back in and call it a day because I hate buying stuff blind but I'm new to the area and non of the shops seem to have anything to listen to for demo except good guys... It is super frustratig I hope someone can set me straight and tell me where to throw my money.

I just spent $600 of sound deadening that I'm in the middle of installing and speaker wire 0 AWG....

SinongTatayMo
06-22-2005, 01:18 AM
just get the dls and call it a day. i think tplaya can get you the iridiums for cheap maybe around that price.

cjjackson85
06-22-2005, 01:27 AM
:word: 6.2s...

Justintoxicated
06-22-2005, 01:37 AM
whats the difference between 6.2 and 6.3?

cjjackson85
06-22-2005, 01:40 AM
2-way setup vs a 3-way set...

Justintoxicated
06-22-2005, 01:43 AM
oh perfect then. How would these compare to say Seas Lotus (company who makes the drivers for rainbow?) theya re about the same price as there performance series. ANyone know?

I think this sounds like me best set so far is to go with the irridiums. are the cones on these as fragile as the Magnesium ones?

cjjackson85
06-22-2005, 01:45 AM
I highly doubt anyone has owned both sets...

Schuey2002
06-22-2005, 02:10 AM
oh perfect then. How would these compare to say Seas Lotus (company who makes the drivers for rainbow?)

Rainbow, AFAIK, makes there own stuff in Bad Rappenau, Germany..

scrappy
06-22-2005, 02:24 AM
Im not sure about the iridiums prices, but I can vouch for tplay he got me my ur6s and 226 coaxials.

Justintoxicated
06-22-2005, 02:58 AM
Hmm Rainbow might make their own stuff but I have been told this company actualy makes their drivers and they are a great alternative to rainbows. Jsut liek Adire makes XBL^2 and leases the tech to other companies.

http://www.seaslotus.com/

Does this look familiar at all? http://www.seaslotus.com/referencerange.asp

prices here
http://www.mobilesq.com/products/get_product.php?id=1

of course I'm not loaded and would be looking at the performance series not the reference series...

But I hear great things about the Irridiums and the price is right (although more than I anticipated spending I don't want to have to do things more than once) (origionaly I planned to use my existing components. )

Hopefully my Eclipse (older eclipse amp made in USA) 75x2 will make the DLS happy with the 5V 55ohm pre-outs form my HU (5444) I have been told the extra voltage and low resistance will compensate for some gain on the amp.

I still have to buy subs and may end up fiberglassing my own box to save some $$ to compensate for these!