View Full Version : re re comps or edi6000's

06-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Which set of comps are better. The edi's are cheaper, have free shipping, have a higher power handling, come with a grill as well, and not to mention a 3 year warranty. I'm leanin heavily towards the edi's but I wanna make sure this is what I want. So can anyone persuade me otherwise? Get the edi6000's or go for the re comps? :veryhapp:

06-21-2005, 10:04 PM
I put 200x2 on RE's, gains were pretty conservative, but they didn't have a problem and I pretty much always listen to music with the HU turned 3/4's of the way up. They came with grills too ;) So I wouldn't worry about grills or power handling in your comparison.

I've read that the ED's are similar to CDT CL-61's. I liked my RE's better than my CDT's, not by a lot though, both were very good for ~$150 I thought. And I'm not sure if those ED's are exactly like the CDT's or not, so I'm not saying I can give you a direct comparison :) If I'm reading things right, the 6000's are $125 shipped now....I guess a sale? My RE's were $165 shipped, and others paid that too from what I've read.

06-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Read reviews on both, see what other people like or dont like about them. Unless youre lucky enough to have the oppurtunity to listen to both in your area.

06-22-2005, 09:08 AM
I had the RE's as well... and I personally wouldnt recommend throwing 200rms at them...
to me that is just stupid. I was powering them with 80rms and they were very good comps for the money. I did upgrade to the xxx6.5's and these were blown out of the water.

my suggestion save for the xxx6.5's

06-22-2005, 05:39 PM
You can have overhead and not blow speakers....that's not stupid, just a little more risky. RE underrated those speakers to begin with.

06-22-2005, 09:46 PM
They underated the mids... I believe I've read the mid can handle 100~150rms, but the tweeter they used is only good for about 50rms, IIRC. Its also a little harsh for me and I like the sound of infinity's tweeters(most consider them harsh), so there is some reference for ya. The tweeter from the CL-61s would make a sweet combo with the RE mid though.