PDA

View Full Version : XXX 6.5 did my install OMG #@* pics

imdeaf69
06-21-2005, 03:41 PM
RE xxx mids are the best ive ever had they are just insane with my mtx 942 pushin 200 + at them it seems like they want more but i wana break them in first . also i took some comparison pics first is the CDT CL61 , and my PG ELITE 6.5 mid ,and a old RF 5 1/2 i had laying around you can see none comes close to these mids there clean ,nice tone ,crisp all i can say is feed them clean power and stock up on dynamat and let these babies bang the best $250 ive ever spent in car audio .I have never posted in any forum but i had to let everyone know that RE xxx mids will give you what your looking for, hands down the best mid ive ever heard. I would love to hear from other owners of these mids and what they think .

tRiGgEr
06-21-2005, 03:44 PM
I think you need to get some install pics up:)

I love em too. Now that they are pretty much broken in who needs a sub:laugh:

No serious, when I take my sub out I just love how these faukers sound. They are amazing.

Justintoxicated
06-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Very cool but it sounds like I would need a bigger amp to run the fronts than my woofers!

tRiGgEr
06-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I only have about 50-65 watts on them right now. Still sound amazing:)

imdeaf69
06-21-2005, 03:48 PM
No i just went a little crazy with pickin a amp for my mids you could get by with a 100 clean watts to them

tRiGgEr
06-21-2005, 03:51 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/705000-705999/705281_31_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/705000-705999/705281_33_full.jpg

Dem are mine.

Mackenzie
06-21-2005, 04:27 PM
RE xxx mids are the best ive ever had they are just insane with my mtx 942 pushin 200 + at them it seems like they want more but i wana break them in first . also i took some comparison pics first is the CDT CL61 , and my PG ELITE 6.5 mid ,and a old RF 5 1/2 i had laying around you can see none comes close to these mids there clean ,nice tone ,crisp all i can say is feed them clean power and stock up on dynamat and let these babies bang the best $250 ive ever spent in car audio .I have never posted in any forum but i had to let everyone know that RE xxx mids will give you what your looking for, hands down the best mid ive ever heard. I would love to hear from other owners of these mids and what they think .

That statement is subjective that those are better than all the other mids just listed. It seems on this forum though if a speaker has more bass, and a bigger magnet then its better.

squeak9798
06-21-2005, 04:28 PM
That statement is subjective that those are better than all the components just listed. It seems on this forum though if a speaker has more bass, and a bigger magnet that its better.

Let me guess......you're upset he said they are better than the PG Elite's......

Mackenzie
06-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Nope. just said its subjective.

tRiGgEr
06-21-2005, 04:34 PM
That statement is subjective that those are better than all the components just listed. It seems on this forum though if a speaker has more bass, and a bigger magnet that its better.

Here we go. Someone had to do it. Subjective??? He said the best HE has heard. It does not mean they are the best out there. He said they sound very clean and crisp. I agree.

I'm running mine active High passed at 60hz. Across all Frequencies they remain very accurate and crisp. And they kick you when you turn them up.

It is a beauty, with it's large magnet. But you need to stop dogging this forum for liking an AMAZING product.

Any potential buyers, Don't be swayed by this misinformed user. These are great midbass drivers.

Mackenzie
06-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Here we go. Someone had to do it. Subjective??? He said the best HE has heard. It does not mean they are the best out there. He said they sound very clean and crisp. I agree.

I'm running mine active High passed at 60hz. Across all Frequencies they remain very accurate and crisp. And they kick you when you turn them up.

It is a beauty, with it's large magnet. But you need to stop dogging this forum for liking an AMAZING product.

Any potential buyers, Don't be swayed by this misinformed user. These are great midbass drivers.

I never said his mids were no good if you read my post correctly! Im sure they are. Im not swaying any potential buyers.

tRiGgEr
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
It seems on this forum though if a speaker has more bass, and a bigger magnet then its better.

This part would have led me to think you were ragging on the driver, that it was no good. And that we all just like it due to it's impressive looks.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post...

AznRevlAzn
06-21-2005, 04:40 PM
I never said his mids were no good if you read my post correctly! Im sure they are. Im not swaying any potential buyers.

squeak9798
06-21-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm running mine active High passed at 60hz.

That's it?!?!? Wussy.......I had my Coustic DR 6.5"ers at 52hz @ 6db/oct :p:

tRiGgEr
06-21-2005, 04:45 PM
That's it?!?!? Wussy.......I had my Coustic DR 6.5"ers at 52hz @ 6db/oct :p:

Yeah, yeah. When I get my orion in I'll be readjusting it. Only on like 50 watts right now :( .

bumpin_blazer
06-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I agree with the original poster, i'll take my xxx's over any mids i've ever heard or used aside from rainbow ref's. I'm ditching my css's and re tweets this weekend though in search of horns:D. mMMMMMMMMMMMM xxx's and horns:D.

squeak9798
06-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Hmmm.....then you'll be horny with your XXX :eyebrow:

I don't think that type of language and suggestive situations are suitable for a forum such as this......

bumpin_blazer
06-21-2005, 05:00 PM

I don't think that type of language and suggestive situations are suitable for a forum such as this......

What if I show you before, during and after pics :naughty:

tRiGgEr
06-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Crap. Now I'm getting horny... MMMMMM Horns...

squeak9798
06-21-2005, 05:07 PM
What if I show you before, during and after pics :naughty:

As long as they are clear....none of that blurry crap, then I'd be okay with it.

JAZN
06-21-2005, 05:10 PM

youve been making a lot of sexually explicit jokes lately squeak.
you need to wash that mouth out with some soap young man.

as for me, i would buy some xxx mids if i had the bank. sooner or later i probably will...

tRiGgEr
06-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Make sure you have the room also. Insane mounting depth. Only thing that ***** about them.

squeak9798
06-21-2005, 05:13 PM
youve been making a lot of sexually explicit jokes lately squeak.
you need to wash that mouth out with some soap young man.

Yes pennis :(

*walks into bathroom to get soap....and is in there for an inordinate amount of time*

:naughty:

bumpin_blazer
06-21-2005, 05:22 PM
As long as they are clear....none of that blurry crap, then I'd be okay with it.

Canon SD-20 okay with you squeak:D

imdeaf69
06-21-2005, 05:46 PM
All im trying to say is for me $250 for these xxx mids i just never had anything that could come close pg elites ,cdt ,rf,koda 6 to me with a little tweaking they will be perfect for me and anyone who has the money and the space in there door how could you go wrong ive spent 550$pg elites and they could not touch the XXX BUT THATS JUST MY 2CENTS

bumpin_blazer
06-21-2005, 05:55 PM
All im trying to say is for me $250 for these xxx mids i just never had anything that could come close pg elites ,cdt ,rf,koda 6 to me with a little tweaking they will be perfect for me and anyone who has the money and the space in there door how could you go wrong ive spent 550$pg elites and they could not touch the XXX BUT THATS JUST MY 2CENTS

mackenzie must feel that unless you say "that's just my 2cents" that you are speaking for everyone, even when using personal nouns;).

james33440
06-21-2005, 05:59 PM
I want to get some XXX 6.5's in my doors as well. Funds are causing me to wait though. It will happen soon though.... :)

Justintoxicated
06-21-2005, 06:48 PM
so it's $250 for just the mids or a set of components?

I need to buy a set of components this week, and owning a titan I have More than enough space with some Adapters. Only thing I see being a potential issue is I have a 75x2 watt eclipse amp, that and I plan to use my 150x2 (600x1) hifonics amp to drive some 10" Kodas, (and yet this amp would still underpower the fronts?)

Please let me know if these would be a good choice for me I am having trouble deciding what exactly I need. but my doors are all matted and ready to go i just need to put the pannels back on after I install the Components. Driving around with no arm rest or door handles *****. I would have waited but I didn't know one of my tweeters was blown....

bumpin_blazer
06-21-2005, 06:57 PM
so it's $250 for just the mids or a set of components?

I need to buy a set of components this week, and owning a titan I have More than enough space with some Adapters. Only thing I see being a potential issue is I have a 75x2 watt eclipse amp, that and I plan to use my 150x2 (600x1) hifonics amp to drive some 10" Kodas, (and yet this amp would still underpower the fronts?)

Please let me know if these would be a good choice for me I am having trouble deciding what exactly I need. but my doors are all matted and ready to go i just need to put the pannels back on after I install the Components. Driving around with no arm rest or door handles *****. I would have waited but I didn't know one of my tweeters was blown....

they are 2ohm SVC so the 75x2 is more like 150x2 which is plenty. Also, it's 250 just for mids as they don't have a crossover or a set of tweets out for the xxx's yet.

klassic
06-21-2005, 07:09 PM
It seems on this forum though if a speaker has more bass, and a bigger magnet then its better.

"Get the pg zr components. They have Great midbass, and cost less than the others. You wont be dissapointed" -Mackenzie

There there Mackenzie but you would never recommend a midbass based on....well bass :eyebrow:

PG Elites are rebadged MOREL components anyway besides the crossover cover made to look like a PG amp so you can rest easy now not having to deal with somebody liking something better than a PG engineered product.

Mackenzie
06-21-2005, 07:19 PM
"Get the pg zr components. They have Great midbass, and cost less than the others. You wont be dissapointed" -Mackenzie

There there Mackenzie but you would never recommend a midbass based on....well bass :eyebrow:

PG Elites are rebadged MOREL components anyway besides the crossover cover made to look like a PG amp so you can rest easy now not having to deal with somebody liking something better than a PG engineered product.

I feel better already :)

JAZN
06-21-2005, 08:38 PM

*walks into bathroom to get soap....and is in there for an inordinate amount of time*

lol :laugh:

Justintoxicated
06-21-2005, 08:48 PM
they are 2ohm SVC so the 75x2 is more like 150x2 which is plenty. Also, it's 250 just for mids as they don't have a crossover or a set of tweets out for the xxx's yet.

Oh thanks for the Info! I have 2 Crossovers from my current components woudl those work? They have Pass through and Low Cut for the Mid and 0,-2,-4 for the tweets. I do not however own a good set of tweets.

When I went to RE's site they show the entire component set. But it's not out yet? I know I can fit these in my doors I can go about 3-4 inches out with an adapter (I already made one to cover the 6x9 that comes in it stock) jsut have to make some rings fromt eh remaining 20 feet of MDF lol... And probably about 2-5 inches in. yes the bottom of the door is wide! And it has already been sealed with RAAMAT and Ensolite foam. I am very tempted to get these! Yea my amp is 150 at 2 ohms so that sounds great!

If I can use my existing crossovers this would be great but I'm not sure they could handle the power or not? I'm looking to spend around $400-500 tops for components.

JAZN
06-21-2005, 08:52 PM
the xover set has to work with 2ohm drivers. otherwise, it'll change the xover point. even then, not guaranteed it'll work optimally.
with the xxx mids, i highly recommend you go active.
the whole component set isnt out, not sure if it will be.

squeak9798
06-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Oh thanks for the Info! I have 2 Crossovers from my current components woudl those work?

In all probability, no, they will not work. Your best option is to go active

When I went to RE's site they show the entire component set. But it's not out yet?

Nope, not out yet. Just the mids are released.

And it has already been sealed with RAAMAT and Ensolite foam.

Excellent choice on sound dampening products, however :thumbupw:

Justintoxicated
06-21-2005, 10:58 PM
**** that *****, by active your meaning digital crossover? Sorry for the dumb question im still learning. That sounds like it would cost substantialy more. My Amplifier (eclipse) has a high pass filter built in, would that work plugged into my crossover using the"Through" instead of the "Low Cut" for the mid, if I used "through" in combo with the high pass crossover on the amplifier would it work then? I don't really understand the setup required to run these but it sounds like $500 bucks ins't going to cut it. or is it?

I really appreciate all the advice BTW! Seems hard to get some help around here and I'm in a hurry to get the door pannels back on my 05 that I just got cause I have been driving around without them for too long and let me tell you it does NOT impress the chicks this way :P If I can get the mid's in place I can do the tweets later since they are located in the dash....

SinongTatayMo
06-21-2005, 11:31 PM
ok put it this way. to make your OWN active set up. you'll need for a 2-way system: a midbass, tweets, 4 channel amp, and an active crossover. depending on how much you want to spend is what will determine if it's cheaper or not.

chinny
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Make Some Pron

ngsm13
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
I absolutely LOVE mine sealed in my door pods getting around ONLY 100watts per side. They are amazing, best Mid-Bass I've ever heard or seen. I ran mine full range for a while, they didn't even sweat it.

NG

DBfan187
06-21-2005, 11:41 PM
No i just went a little crazy with pickin a amp for my mids you could get by with a 100 clean watts to themI bet 100 dirty watts would power them nicely too;)

nice mids though.

Justintoxicated
06-22-2005, 12:27 AM
**** that *****, sounds real expensive like about $1000 :(
Guess tehse are a little out of my league. Really wanted some RE in my truck but their subs do not fit under my rear seats either (only 4.75 inches of mounting depth :( )

What about their RE components? Any good? I only have abnout $400-$500 to spend IF I can keep my amp 75x2...If I need a new amp it will be that much minus the new amp...

ngsm13
06-22-2005, 08:50 AM
**** that *****, sounds real expensive like about $1000 :(
Guess tehse are a little out of my league. Really wanted some RE in my truck but their subs do not fit under my rear seats either (only 4.75 inches of mounting depth :( )

What about their RE components? Any good? I only have abnout $400-$500 to spend IF I can keep my amp 75x2...If I need a new amp it will be that much minus the new amp...

It's not that expensive at all, I'm doing what you want to do right now...and it only cost me around $500...I got good deals ;)

Also, look around...you may want to consider going with a higher end HU that has an internal 3-way crossover. I had an external Active Setup, but decided to go with a HU that offer 3 way bandpassable xover with up to 24 dB/Octave slopes in it. later

NG

3.5Max6spd
06-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Let me guess......you're upset he said they are better than the PG Elite's......

I'm not surprised...PG Elites are far from impressive in the midbass dept IMO...

req
06-22-2005, 09:46 AM

you found me in the bathroom didnt you :naughty:

id love to hear some XXX6.5's

but ill stick with my koda8's :laugh:

imready77
06-22-2005, 09:57 AM
what are some of you using for grills for these mids.

tRiGgEr
06-22-2005, 10:07 AM
what are some of you using for grills for these mids.

Stock speaker grill, built in to the door.

bumpin_blazer
06-22-2005, 03:36 PM
As Noah said you can spend 250 on the speakers, 50-80 for tweets, 300 for a solid h/u with built in 3-way x-over and 24db sloped *cough Premier 860:D cough*. That's a total of 600-650 and that's all BNIB stuff. If you hound the forum's for some used or even still NIB XXX's you'll only spend 170-200 for them. Tweets I'd look at LPG, Max-fidelity, or Seas if you want some higher end tweets. I've found a set of 6ohm tweets match the 2ohm of the XXX's nicely though;). Snag a 75x4@4ohm you're gold:D.

ngsm13
06-22-2005, 04:56 PM
As Noah said you can spend 250 on the speakers, 50-80 for tweets, 300 for a solid h/u with built in 3-way x-over and 24db sloped *cough Premier 860:D cough*. That's a total of 600-650 and that's all BNIB stuff. If you hound the forum's for some used or even still NIB XXX's you'll only spend 170-200 for them. Tweets I'd look at LPG, Max-fidelity, or Seas if you want some higher end tweets. I've found a set of 6ohm tweets match the 2ohm of the XXX's nicely though;). Snag a 75x4@4ohm you're gold:D.

Yup, The Vifa's from Madisound ;)

NG

bumpin_blazer
06-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Yup, The Vifa's from Madisound ;)

NG

I'm going that whole expensive route:(. **** it being horny ***** :blush:. I'm wondering what that 2-way will compare to though, ID CD1 or CD2 minihorns and xxx's :yumyum:.

ngsm13
06-22-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm going that whole expensive route:(. **** it being horny ***** :blush:. I'm wondering what that 2-way will compare to though, ID CD1 or CD2 minihorns and xxx's :yumyum:.

Yup, I've been looking into horns...but's that's for in the future like within the next year.

NG

Justintoxicated
06-22-2005, 07:03 PM
It's not that expensive at all, I'm doing what you want to do right now...and it only cost me around $500...I got good deals ;)

Also, look around...you may want to consider going with a higher end HU that has an internal 3-way crossover. I had an external Active Setup, but decided to go with a HU that offer 3 way bandpassable xover with up to 24 dB/Octave slopes in it. later

NG

Well I'm either going to go with these and do an active setup or go with the DLS Irridiums.

I already have my HU but I'm not sure it wuld work, I just bought it so I'm not looking for a new one. I picked up an eclipse 5444 for a good price. I don't know if it has the X-over I don't think it does but I'm not sure, I need to put it in advanced mode to find out probably. If it had an X-over that was suitable for this application then I think I might have to go for it all I would need extra is a new amp, and I could use my existing one to power the rear door speakers.

I already have a 2 channel eclipse 75x2 amp I could use with the irridiums that does not sound like it would work for an active setup. I'd LOVE to have XXX's in my door but it sounds like it is almost 2/3rds more $ than the irridiums.

I'm not sure how you are doing it for $500. or what the over all difference in SQ would be. I definately want more of a SQ system, will probably use koda 10's or RLi's for the subwoofers.

bumpin_blazer
06-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Well if you already have the XXX's and the 5444 then all you need is a set of tweets and a 3-way crossover. Coustic XM6 crossover to run 3-way active that'll cost you 100 bucks or less i believe. So instead of getting DLS IR's which IMO and usage even the 8" IR mid won't touch the XXX keep what you have and get some DIY tweets and 3-way crossover. You'll spend 180 max on tweets and crossover.

Justintoxicated
06-22-2005, 08:14 PM
no I don't have the XXX's Tweets, Crossoever and I only have a 2 channel amp not a 4 channel, but I might be getting a new amp anyways.

bdonkersgoed
06-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Hey Guys,

Yesterday I had my stereo installed, and for the rear mids I went with RE-XXX 6.5" midbasses hooked up in parallel to an Orion HCCA 225G4 amp.

My Setup:
- Alpine CDA-9835HU
- Focal Utopia 165W 2-Way Components in Front
- PPI Ax400 bridged to power Utopias
- RE-XXX 6.5" Midbasses for rear doors, hooked up in parallel
- Orion HCCA 225G4 to power XXXs (in bandpass mode)
- Brown Bread sound deadening in all four doors

RE-XXX Specs:
RE: 1.75 Ohms
Fs: 47.4 Hz
Qms: 2.33
Qes: 0.59
Qts: 0.473
Mms: 15.04 g
Cms: 7.505E-04
Vas: 21.49 ltr
1- way Xmax: 13mm linear
Le: 0.14mH
Bl: 3.636 t/m
Power: 150wrms
Spl: 87.75 dB 1W/1m

Orion HCCA 225G4 Specs:
4.0ohm stereo ~ 25W RMS
2.0ohm stereo ~ 50W RMS
1.0ohm stereo ~ 100W RMS
0.5ohm stereo ~ 200W RMS
4.0ohm mono ~ 100W RMS
2.0ohm mono ~ 200W RMS
1.0ohm mono ~ 400W RMS

My Problem:
From what I have read, the RE-XXX 6.5" speakers are 1.75ohms, but when I measured the load of the XXXs hooked in parallel on the Orion amp, it was as high as 1.5ohms! By hooking up the XXXs in parallel, should I not be getting a 0.875ohm load (i.e. 1.75ohm/2)?? My 1.5ohm load on the Orion leads me to believe that the XXXs are 3ohm speakers, which can't be right . . .

I am so confused! The HCCA is a cheater amp, and it needs a lower impedance, preferably around 1ohm when in mono, to really perform. At my current 1.5ohm mono hookup at 1.5ohms, I am getting around 150W RMS per speaker. I guess this is probably enough anyways, but I am still confused none-the-less.

Also, are there any suggestions on how I should tune these speakers? I want them to act as subs, because I am not putting in a sub this time around (because my subs keep on getting stolen!) Is there a way to limit the XXXs to lower frequencies? I don't want them to play a higher range because I think they distract from my Focal Utopia front stage. All I want is good clean "bass" (yes, I know it isn't actual bass) coming from the rear doors. Is there any tricks I can do with the Orion amp or with the built-in crossover of my Alpine CDA-9835 deck?

Help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Bryan

UndercoverPunk
06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
I'll stick with these.... Full active setup... ~$400
now with the new enclosures... that's a bit higher... but just for the equiptment it wasn't that bad. I wouldn't really reccomend these babies to anyone unless they were good at fiberglass and had room for LARGE pods, cause these sound like butt in my old pods...
http://img232.echo.cx/img232/2446/jun110045uy.jpg

smullen
06-23-2005, 10:10 AM
RE xxx mids are the best ive ever had they are just insane with my mtx 942 pushin 200 + at them it seems like they want more but i wana break them in first

What Tweets and X-overs did you use?

Did youever get any install pics??? Are they sealed or what?

I'd love to see some of these in a 2nd Gen (98+) S-10, as thats what I have and mine will be going in....

bumpin_blazer
06-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey Guys,

Yesterday I had my stereo installed, and for the rear mids I went with RE-XXX 6.5" midbasses hooked up in parallel to an Orion HCCA 225G4 amp.

My Setup:
- Alpine CDA-9835HU
- Focal Utopia 165W 2-Way Components in Front
- PPI Ax400 bridged to power Utopias
- RE-XXX 6.5" Midbasses for rear doors, hooked up in parallel
- Orion HCCA 225G4 to power XXXs (in bandpass mode)
- Brown Bread sound deadening in all four doors

RE-XXX Specs:
RE: 1.75 Ohms
Fs: 47.4 Hz
Qms: 2.33
Qes: 0.59
Qts: 0.473
Mms: 15.04 g
Cms: 7.505E-04
Vas: 21.49 ltr
1- way Xmax: 13mm linear
Le: 0.14mH
Bl: 3.636 t/m
Power: 150wrms
Spl: 87.75 dB 1W/1m

Orion HCCA 225G4 Specs:
4.0ohm stereo ~ 25W RMS
2.0ohm stereo ~ 50W RMS
1.0ohm stereo ~ 100W RMS
0.5ohm stereo ~ 200W RMS
4.0ohm mono ~ 100W RMS
2.0ohm mono ~ 200W RMS
1.0ohm mono ~ 400W RMS

My Problem:
From what I have read, the RE-XXX 6.5" speakers are 1.75ohms, but when I measured the load of the XXXs hooked in parallel on the Orion amp, it was as high as 1.5ohms! By hooking up the XXXs in parallel, should I not be getting a 0.875ohm load (i.e. 1.75ohm/2)?? My 1.5ohm load on the Orion leads me to believe that the XXXs are 3ohm speakers, which can't be right . . .

I am so confused! The HCCA is a cheater amp, and it needs a lower impedance, preferably around 1ohm when in mono, to really perform. At my current 1.5ohm mono hookup at 1.5ohms, I am getting around 150W RMS per speaker. I guess this is probably enough anyways, but I am still confused none-the-less.

Also, are there any suggestions on how I should tune these speakers? I want them to act as subs, because I am not putting in a sub this time around (because my subs keep on getting stolen!) Is there a way to limit the XXXs to lower frequencies? I don't want them to play a higher range because I think they distract from my Focal Utopia front stage. All I want is good clean "bass" (yes, I know it isn't actual bass) coming from the rear doors. Is there any tricks I can do with the Orion amp or with the built-in crossover of my Alpine CDA-9835 deck?

Help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Bryan

All vc's vary in actual impedence a little bit from the factory. They are 2ohm SVC nominal or extremely close. If you wire them in parallel you should be getting a .8-1.5 ohm load without breaking a sweat. On another note may I ask why in god's name you would bridge a set of speaker's ?? You're setup seems more SQ setup and yet you are ruining your stereo imaging by bridging the G4.

ngsm13
06-23-2005, 11:07 AM
DCR the coils outside of the enclosure not hooked up. They should DCR right around 1.9-2 ohms. The rise you are getting is called impedance rise, the impedance actually changes as music plays. Tho, with nothing on it parallel you should be near .9-1.1 ohms or so...you may also need a better DMM that reads resistance more quickly...that is sometimes the problem.

NG

bumpin_blazer
06-23-2005, 11:13 AM
DCR the coils outside of the enclosure not hooked up. They should DCR right around 1.9-20 ohms. The rise you are getting is called impedance rise, the impedance actually changes as music plays. Tho, with nothing on it parallel you should be near .9-1.1 ohms or so...you may also need a better DMM that reads resistance more quickly...that is sometimes the problem.

NG

dang nate :p: gotta be all specific like lol. Although if his xxx mid is reading 20 ohms like you put up there isn't that a bad thing:D.

p.s.- the name was giving you shite :blush:

ngsm13
06-23-2005, 11:19 AM
dang nate :p: gotta be all specific like lol. Although if his xxx mid is reading 20 ohms like you put up there isn't that a bad thing:D.

p.s.- the name was giving you shite :blush:

You called me NATE?!?!?!?!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

NG

bumpin_blazer
06-23-2005, 11:22 AM

NG

oh calm down sweetum's you know it's just pillow talk :yumyum:

UndercoverPunk
06-23-2005, 11:23 AM

NG

Shut up Nick, he wasn't too far off...

ngsm13
06-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Shut up Nick, he wasn't too far off...

lmao...now I'm NICK!!!

UndercoverPunk
06-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Neil?

bumpin_blazer
06-23-2005, 11:47 AM
lmao...now I'm NICK!!!

Hey i can start publically calling you what i do in private if you'd like?? :yumyum:

bdonkersgoed
06-23-2005, 12:27 PM
All vc's vary in actual impedence a little bit from the factory. They are 2ohm SVC nominal or extremely close. If you wire them in parallel you should be getting a .8-1.5 ohm load without breaking a sweat. On another note may I ask why in god's name you would bridge a set of speaker's ?? You're setup seems more SQ setup and yet you are ruining your stereo imaging by bridging the G4.

Yes, I am trying to go for an SQL setup.

I had to bridge the XXXs in order to reduce the impedance so that I could get closer to a 1-ohm load on my Orion HCCA-225G4. If I ran in stereo, then the impedance would be much too high and I would only be getting, at 2-3 ohms , like 50W RMS x 2 . . . not enough to power these 150W RMS mids. To sum things up, I think I made a poor choice of amplifier to match the XXXs. I think I might look for another amp that puts out 150W RMS x 2 in stereo.

Basically, I cannot put a sub in my car because they keep on getting stolen. I was hoping to run the XXXs pretty low, to give me as much bass as possible from a mid. It does work somehwhat (the XXXs are punchy), but I really do miss my sub :( It sounds good, but it is lacking the bass line.

Thanks for your input,
Bryan

bumpin_blazer
06-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Running your XXX's ib'd I take it?? Not to mention you're not giving them as much power as one could. I'd sell the G4 as you can get decent money for them and get yourself something that does 100x2@4ohm and you'll be happy. What kind of a car is this in though?? Wondering if the XXX's are in door's or a rear deck, if it's rear deck make a small ported box for them bad boy's with 200 watts a piece you'll sing a different tune;).

Justintoxicated
06-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Maybe you should invest in a good alarm system first? I saw your post over at ecoustics also. Is there no way to hide the Sub? you could get like a JL amp that will adjust to the speaker Impedence dynamicaly. I believe they even make a 150x2

bdonkersgoed
06-23-2005, 02:21 PM
My XXX's are mounted in the rear doors of my 1999 Volkswagen Passat, and they are sound deadended very well. Yes, I am running them infinite baffle, but can't the door act as it's own sealed enclosure when tightly sealed with sound deadener?

Yeah, I got an alarm . . . doesn't make a big difference at the train station where I have to park :( I could "hide" the sub, but they know where to look anyways . . . I might end up getting a cheaper sub sometime in the next year. I don't want anything huge . . . just something that would be nice and clean to give me the low-end bass.

I might consider selling the G4 and getting something more appropriate; however, at 1.5ohms I should be getting fairly close to 150W RMS per speaker as required.

Regards,
Bryan

tRiGgEr
06-23-2005, 02:26 PM
but can't the door act as it's own sealed enclosure when tightly sealed with sound deadener?

No. The door is not completely sealed up. And the volume of the door is much to large. Even if it were sealed air tight, the air space would be like hooking it up IB.

bumpin_blazer
06-23-2005, 02:59 PM
No. The door is not completely sealed up. And the volume of the door is much to large. Even if it were sealed air tight, the air space would be like hooking it up IB.

what he said lol. you can never have a "sealed" door under normal circumstances. you can seal a door as to your best ability but never fully sealed.

tommy21077
06-23-2005, 03:18 PM
im gonna be putting mine in .3 sealed enclosures in my doors, with a ppi pc2600

300X2@2ohms, should sound ok

UndercoverPunk
06-23-2005, 03:45 PM
im gonna be putting mine in .3 sealed enclosures in my doors, with a ppi pc2600

300X2@2ohms, should sound ok

Post pics when you do them, .3 is pretty big for door pods.