PDA

View Full Version : wooden floor in trunk

noob with an RS
06-20-2005, 10:56 PM
my system is in an acura integra.. and the trunk is pretty much a hatchback design.. the rear seats can fold down and instead of having a rear dash behind the seats, its a removable board that pretty much seals off the cabin from the trunk. and in the trunk, the floor is pretty mucha thin layer of some kind of wood (im not sure what kind, i dont know anything about wood) . it is a little cracked because when my girlfriend was helping me drop my heavy enclosure in, she literally "dropped" it in. thats just an example to show u how thin the wood is.. its probably about 1/4" thick but its still not sinking in or anything with the crack and with the sub box on top of it. under this wood piece is the spare tire well. if i were to get some wood and cut it to the shape of the one in my trunk and replace it (using stronger wood and mayber a little thicker) could i expect to get a more "solid" bass response from my subwoofer? i'm getting rattles and was wondering if the floor board could have an affect on anything?? like if it were thin and vibrating?

snebes
06-21-2005, 12:38 AM
It's probably the cause of vibrations, but more then likely not ALL vibrations/noises. Basically, you will need to listen to where the noises are coming from, and correct them with massloading/strengthing/deadening. It's a looooong process, but worth it in the end, if you just deaden the entire trunk and even the cabin (since they are basically shared space).

TPABlazer
06-21-2005, 10:25 AM
I had a civic and my spare tire cover cracked and looked like absoloute crap. I made a new one out of 1/2 inch mdf in 3 pieces. Looked 1000x better and held up to just about everything.

noob with an RS
06-21-2005, 04:05 PM
I had a civic and my spare tire cover cracked and looked like absoloute crap. I made a new one out of 1/2 inch mdf in 3 pieces. Looked 1000x better and held up to just about everything.

you have a sub in the trunk? any improvement?