or some kicker components

what do you guys think?

they will be powered by a 4 channel infinity 600 watt amp

JAZN
06-20-2005, 02:14 PM
1) what are your goals music-wise?
2) budget
3) what does your amp put out per channel RMS
4) i would suggest you put all your money into the front speakers and leave the rears stock

airtas
06-20-2005, 02:22 PM
1) what are your goals music-wise?
2) budget
3) what does your amp put out per channel RMS
4) i would suggest you put all your money into the front speakers and leave the rears stock

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='REF7541A'&Ser=REF&Cat=AMP

i can get that amp for 140

i need crisp clear sound........i will be getting two 12 inch kicker subs, so bass isnt gonna be a necessity from the speakers i dont think

kuijo
06-20-2005, 02:23 PM
From what i hear people say the infinity components have very harsh teweeters. I don't know from personal experiance i have just read a lot about them. If you get good front comps you won't need rear fill unless youre that worried about ur passengers.

airtas
06-20-2005, 02:26 PM
rear speakers i want

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA63.7I'&Ser=KAP&Cat=MEL

fronts

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA60.7CS'&Ser=KAP&Cat=COS

airtas
06-20-2005, 02:27 PM
From what i hear people say the infinity components have very harsh teweeters. I don't know from personal experiance i have just read a lot about them. If you get good front comps you won't need rear fill unless youre that worried about ur passengers.

harsh as good or harsh as bad?

kuijo
06-20-2005, 02:44 PM
both, they say its a personal prefrence, but the majority seems to go to bad.

airtas
06-20-2005, 03:11 PM
both, they say its a personal prefrence, but the majority seems to go to bad.

intresting.........wish i could find some reviews on them

Ryde _Or_Die
06-22-2005, 10:45 AM
I believe they just have very high highs because they have a metal tweeter. Now I chose my CDTs with the titanium tweet opposed to the silk because I like my highs like that. I've never heard Infinitys but from what I've read they seem to be something that I would like myself.

airtas
06-23-2005, 02:40 AM
I believe they just have very high highs because they have a metal tweeter. Now I chose my CDTs with the titanium tweet opposed to the silk because I like my highs like that. I've never heard Infinitys but from what I've read they seem to be something that I would like myself.
what does VERY HIGH HIGHS mean?

like the loudest part of a rock song?

airtas
06-23-2005, 02:41 AM
if the speakers rms is 2-70 and this amp

outputs 111 watts rms

will it blow the speakers?

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='REF7541A'&Ser=REF&Cat=AMP

Ignatowski
06-23-2005, 05:47 AM
infinity = made in viet nam,just say NO

As an RSX owner myself I installed a set of Aura MR52s that I bought from a guy on this board called Desertheat,I think he has a few pairs left,at 135. shipped they were incredable and will absolutly smoke an infinity - plus you dont have to deal with the dash tweeter cause they are a braxel style speaker - check em

airtas
06-23-2005, 05:43 PM
infinity = made in viet nam,just say NO

As an RSX owner myself I installed a set of Aura MR52s that I bought from a guy on this board called Desertheat,I think he has a few pairs left,at 135. shipped they were incredable and will absolutly smoke an infinity - plus you dont have to deal with the dash tweeter cause they are a braxel style speaker - check em
got any pics of them

whats braxel?

noob with an RS
06-23-2005, 06:48 PM
braxial components allow you to mount the tweeter ON TOP of the mid driver

Ignatowski
06-23-2005, 07:52 PM
lookie,I have insane SQ with 150w per ch to a 5.25" speaker, I would have never ever guessed these thing would love double the RMS power(HP)
It looks like a coaxle,but is really a comp - I love em
and no tweeter in dash fishing
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/excelerater/Audio/P1010053.jpg

desi_daru
06-24-2005, 12:56 PM
what does VERY HIGH HIGHS mean?

like the loudest part of a rock song?

meanin the TISH TISH the clarity, if there very high highs its like torture to the ears because there 2 bright for ur ears, does this make more sense? as apposed 2 a softer sounding tweeter which you could play at the same volume without so much brightness

noob with an RS
06-24-2005, 03:59 PM
i have infinity perfect components.. theyre infinitys top of the line.. theyre not bad at all.. i have the tweeter atenuation level at -6d and i think this is where the tweeter and midsblend nicely.. unless youre install is very different. but if youre not one thats too picky with music the perfects' quality will suit u. if your a die-hard audiophile and have got to have that ultimate sound quality i would get something better.. not necesaarily more expensive.. but something better.. i on the other hand plan to upgrade to something to the likes of DLS iridiums or maybe CDTs.. i love the perfects, but something tells me theres a noticeable imporvement out there.