PDA

View Full Version : Clarion DXZ755MC "Anti Distortion Filter"?

JadeFalcon
06-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Hey all, I'm wondering if the couple added features of the DXZ755MC are worth the extra bucks over the DXZ655MP. I was interested in these two things about the 755:

"Anti Distortion Filter" to enhance mp3/wma songs

Antishock memory

Does anyone know if this ADF thing is all it's cracked up to be? I'll be playing primarily mp3 cds on my new deck, and if there's really a difference I'll shell out the extra dough.

Thanks!

XtrmAudioCncpts
06-19-2005, 07:30 PM
no ADF ***** *** i think its makes the speakers sound like poop

JadeFalcon
06-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Can you turn it on/off? If so, does it really sound better turned off?

Thanks again!

XtrmAudioCncpts
06-19-2005, 07:40 PM
yes you can set it to 3 different settings not including off. it changes the sound through your speakers. it tires to sperate the sound and i think it just sounds like trash so i just always leave mind off. but clarion makes good units you will not be disappointed. you make want to check to see if there are more than just that difference in the two units. you should check for # of pre outs, aux in. ect

JadeFalcon
06-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah I'm not going to be doing anything big with my stereo. The biggest upgrade I'm doing to my 'system' is an infinity basslink, so I'm not too concerned with all of the little details.

The main things crutchfield lists as different are the ADF, the "Music Catcher", and a "built in low-pass filter" (which I really don't know what the eff is) :D

Oh and the reason I chose Clarion is because I had one in the past and it was swell, and I like 728 or howevermany colors.

XtrmAudioCncpts
06-19-2005, 07:54 PM
you will not be disappointed

Nightskye
06-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Local shop told me they were still trying to figure out the ADF and don't recommend people use it.

As for the Music Catcher, they told me that the biggest benefit is combining it with Sirius satrad. A lot of channels supposedly play entire discs of new releases, so you can record whole CDs to the hard drive as they're playing, then transfer them to your computer, break up the album into individual tracks with an mp3 editor. and burn the CD :yumyum:

JadeFalcon
06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Hmmm. . . I'm thinkin I'm just gonna stick with the 655, save a few bucks then

Thanks!