PDA

View Full Version : reciever and sub surrounds?

trevor87
06-18-2005, 12:13 AM
ok my aunt just gave me her home system casue she never used it

i got home and plugged it all up and the reciever doesnt work, its plugged in and when u press the power button it will not come on it does nothing any way to fix it or is it trash?

and the 2 subs they sound ok hit and pretty hard on my old mini reciever but when i first plugged them in the foam surround was still on and evreything but the soon as the bass hit the surround just flew off so i guess it dryrotted so now im planning on buying a surround repair kit now i kno pe has them for 24.50 and it comes with everything now is this the kit to go with or is there a better kit i should buy? btw they are 15" subs

trevor87
06-18-2005, 12:23 AM
heres a link to the surround kit

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=260-935

BeanII
06-18-2005, 01:40 AM
surround repair? seriously. No, don't do that. If they're dry rotted, they're done.

Save up a few nickels and .............http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?DID=7&WebPage_ID=3&Start=1&ObjectGroup_ID=485&sm=1&so=2&search_type=88025667&desc=ASC

just replace the woofer with something.

Also, I'm sure the reveiver can be fixed

JimJ
06-18-2005, 02:21 AM
surround repair? seriously. No, don't do that. If they're dry rotted, they're done.

Huzza? Tell that to the people that take 20-year-old Klipsch Cornwalls and Hereseys and with a simple recone, have a perfectly good speaker again :)

If they're pretty cheap or easy to find replacements for, however, a direct replacement might just be the easiest to do.

BeanII
06-18-2005, 07:16 PM
you really think that's what we're dealing with here?

He wanted to fix a dry rotted surround not recone the whole thing. C'mon dude.

I actually got a chance to listen to a pair of those old Klipsch ( I'm a Klipsch fan ) about a year ago. Listened to them with a couple of SACD tracks, powered with a Sunfire amplifier. Honestly, they didn't sound that good by today's standards. I'm sure they sounded great back in the day though.

trevor87
06-19-2005, 11:00 AM
ok well ill try to get sum pics up of the surround so you can tell me what i should do and i kno the reciever can be fixed but what do yall think might be wrong with it?

trevor87
06-19-2005, 11:29 AM
ok heres some pics of the surround not exactly good pics casue its like a 20.00 camera

BeanII
06-21-2005, 12:34 AM
don't know what's wrong w/ your receiver.... can't diagnose something like that over the net.

buy new drivers, don'e put new surrounds on em. What size are they?

Decipha
06-21-2005, 12:41 AM
^^15's he said it earlier... you'd probably be better off getting new subs