PDA

View Full Version : tweeter placement

GemaRastem
06-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Here is where I was going to put my tweet, with my mid in the stock location right next to it. Somebody said I should mount it above the woofer instead, and somebody said I should mount in the A pillar. Is there anything wrong with mounting it where I circled, or should I go with the other suggestions? I would be able to aim and position the tweeter.

http://img148.echo.cx/img148/4645/whole6cq.jpg

squeak9798
06-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Is there anything wrong with mounting it where I circled,

Other than it would probably sound like poopoo........

Make yourself a little tweeter bridge and mount it co-axially over the mid. Or, make yourself a little bracket out of some 1/8" metal stock from Home Depot and mount the tweets in the kickpanels. Heck, you could do it with a couple regular "L" brackets and a little muscles to bend them down to the angle you want......

A-pillar is IMHO a bad mounting position for the most part. As is where you want to locate them. You want them as far away from you as possible to equalize their path lenght differences. And, chances are you'll want them slightly off-axis from you.

tRiGgEr
06-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Pick up some double sided tape and get to work. Place the tweeter in different locations and angles and find the best image.

GemaRastem
06-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I think I'll just have to try all different places

audiolife
06-17-2005, 06:09 PM
also depends if they are silk titanium or aluminum. silk on axis isnt too bad

creater
06-17-2005, 09:56 PM
i wouldnt put them there if i were u...its at the bottom of the door...u should find somewhere higher to bring the sound out cleaner