PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice....

NEBody
06-16-2005, 05:16 PM
I am fairly ignorant when it comes to car audio, so please be patient. I drive a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder and I am looking to replace all of the factory equipment. I have decided on purchasing the Alpine CDA-9815 Head Unit as well as the Memphis PR 300.2 Amp to power the speakers. I am now stumped as to which speakers I should purchase and if I need to replace both the 6.5 components as well as the 6x9's or if I should just run the 6.5's. After reading through some posts here and on another messageboard I am looking at the JL Audio XR650-CSi speakers. I am fairly happy with that decision but am still stumped on whether I need to replace the 6x9's or not. When all is said and done I intend to add some combination of subs and an amp to power them as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

bri487
06-16-2005, 05:30 PM
i would just use a sweet component set up front and not run any rear fill. but if i were to replace the 6x9"s i would do so with 6.5"s. i would make a 6x9" plate for them to be mounted in. that is just me though.

cjjackson85
06-16-2005, 05:32 PM
^That is also me...

NEBody
06-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the advice! If I were to buy the 6.5's for the rear fill would I be able to buy the plate our would I need to make it myself or know someone that could do so? I am actually looking at the JL Audio XR650-CSi speakers for the rear fill. Also would I need a 2nd amp to run those on? I know this is the speaker forum, but in order to avoid another post Im going to go ahead and ask here.... I am really struggling with a HU choice so any advice would be appreciated. I have been looking at the Alpine CDA-9815 as stated in the previous post, but I have also been looking at the Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP as well as a few other models from those two companies. Thanks again in advance!

azbass
06-18-2005, 02:36 PM
you can buy it, but it wouild be hella beter to make one.

zachzchw
06-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Get some components in up front, and see how well you like them. You may not even feel the need for rear fill, especially in a small car. I wouldnt buy any rear fill unless you find that you want it.

negativezeroz
06-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Get some components in up front, and see how well you like them. You may not even feel the need for rear fill, especially in a small car. I wouldnt buy any rear fill unless you find that you want it.
x2 I only hear my fronts in my Z32 anyways...so its up to you..just try the fronts and see if you really need to get rears