PDA

View Full Version : wait for iridiums or get the rainbow countours

SinongTatayMo
06-15-2005, 11:22 AM
ok so im getting really really antsy about my system now. so im debating whether i should wait to get the iridiums or if i should bite the bullet and get the rainbow coutours? what you guys think?

MetalMaxima
06-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Save For The Iridiums!!!!!!!

Kali77
06-15-2005, 11:52 AM
I have not heard the contours but I love my iridiums.

Kali

3.5Max6spd
06-15-2005, 12:02 PM
have you heard both? or you just going by word of mouth?

Raffi
06-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Save! Save! Save!

SinongTatayMo
06-15-2005, 12:21 PM
i have heard the iridiums..AWESOME sound love it..but im getting so **** antsy..i guess ill wait. never heard the contours so that is word of mouth. but what you guys think? seems like the overall concensus is save. =P has anyone heard the contours before?

3.5Max6spd
06-15-2005, 01:06 PM
i have heard the iridiums..AWESOME sound love it..but im getting so **** antsy..i guess ill wait. never heard the contours so that is word of mouth. but what you guys think? seems like the overall concensus is save. =P has anyone heard the contours before?

Iridium 3ways are awesome, take way the dome midrange- the two way set isn't as appealing IMO. In the 2way case I'd have to say you'd be hard pressed to not like either but I'd actually favor the Rainbow tweet as it isn't as laid back/vague.

Then again thats me, my ears. The Contours are a discontinued line anyways.

SinongTatayMo
06-15-2005, 01:14 PM
really you think as a 2 way set you would choose the rainbows? interesting? i dont have room at all for the 3-ways. cause i drive stick..so a 2 way would be my only choice? so your saying as a 2-way set the rainbows would be better?

3.5Max6spd
06-15-2005, 01:24 PM
really you think as a 2 way set you would choose the rainbows? interesting? i dont have room at all for the 3-ways. cause i drive stick..so a 2 way would be my only choice? so your saying as a 2-way set the rainbows would be better?

better is a subjective thing- my brother has the Contour 4" set and I couldn't tell the difference between the set and my Arc ACS (that had the Pro Cal25 silk tweets) as far as the high's go- heck even visually the domes appeared the same. Perhaps thats why they discontinued the line as they forked over to Arc.
If you look around for info, in www.speedsound.com the Contour set is listed as having a Cal25 fabric. Which means for whatever cost you are getting them your highs are equal to a Pro set.
The DLS set is more popular as Rainbow is not as known in the states. But like I said you'd be hard pressed to not like either. Both offer great natural sound.

13th ghost
06-15-2005, 04:53 PM
I have not heard the contours but I love my iridiums.

Kali
is that a akita you have? I know this is the wrong forum..... But? m/f how much does he/she weights...

cjjackson85
06-15-2005, 05:09 PM
^Dog humper...

noob with an RS
06-16-2005, 03:41 AM
can someone tell me how much of a difference i will have if i go from my infinity perfect components to the iridiums?? i plan to go iridiums next as an upgrade.. or ID horns.

3.5Max6spd
06-16-2005, 10:57 AM
can someone tell me how much of a difference i will have if i go from my infinity perfect components to the iridiums?? i plan to go iridiums next as an upgrade.. or ID horns.

wow- opposite ends of the spectrum....laid back tweet or horns?What exactly is it that you want?