PDA

View Full Version : One quick question.

bigred78797
06-14-2005, 07:40 PM
OK ive done many fiberglass enclosures but i have never run into this question before. I have to fiberglass in the majority of my trunk.. including the tire well. I layed down dynamat in all the locations where the box or something might come in contact with the frame or cause bad vibrations... MY only question is Do i really need to lay down foil or tape over the dynamat... In other installs i alwaysed used foil or tape because i would have to take it out after gettting the first few layers on. But with this install it is all going to be fiberglass entirely INSIDE the car without taking the mold out as it is too big to fit through the trunk opening. So is it alright if i just fiberglass over the Dynamat without laying foil or tape.

TrlcKed_OuT
06-14-2005, 07:50 PM
id still use foil or something.....the resin could react with the mat and bad things.......

dbornotdb
06-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I would lay some foil down. You can just leave the foil under it and ontop of the mat.
That way it will be easy to remove it in the future should you ver decide to. The foil under there won't hurt anything.

bigred78797
06-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Think ill get an irritating noise if the foil of the box bangs against the foil of the matting?? Or would the sheer wieght press down on it enough to keep the two in contact with each other?

ngsm13
06-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Like you're going to hear that when you're bass hits ?!?!?! ;)

But honestly, it wouldn't be noticeable...

NG

bigred78797
06-14-2005, 08:09 PM
****IT well here day #2 of my install