PDA

View Full Version : 04 GMC Sierra

yz_gt69
06-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Hey, I bought an 04 Sierra SLT. It's got the BOSE system in it. My ?: Would the stock h/u have an woofer amp preout so I can hook up my subs. Or, I believe the system has an amp already for the speakers, could I tee off of there to run my woofer amp? If so, how do I access it (take out console, etc)?
thx

gnet158
06-15-2005, 02:01 AM
I donít think thereís a separate amp. Youíll need to buy an adapter by Schoes (sp) that will convert your stock wiring to RCAís to run an amp. The sell other wiring kits at Walmart. Good luck!

yz_gt69
06-15-2005, 09:06 PM
what is schoes? is it a wiring adapter? I know the door chimes, etc are run through the stereo on this truck, so I want to retain the deck. Is this Schoes thing what will allow me to do that?

the_noob
06-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Go here
http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/forums/

It is better to talk to people who have the same truck as you.

Edit: whoops, you have a GMC...oh well, they are probably the same.

yz_gt69
06-16-2005, 11:12 AM
they dont have the expertise you guys do.

Johnny Drama
06-16-2005, 12:05 PM
You need to buy a LOC (line out converter) A LOC is used to convert the High level signal (speaker wire) input to a low level (RCA) output

You have two choices after you buy that. Install it behind the stock radio comming off the speaker harness, or at the front or rear speakers. My advise is to run it behind the headunit. Now after you do that you will need a remote turn on lead. Ths wil turn the amp on and off. You have several options here...The ciggerette lighter, the ignition lead, by a switch, add a relay, or an existing relay on the truck. I would simply find one in the truck that you can tie into.

EDIT: you WILL need to buy another amp for the sub.

yz_gt69
06-17-2005, 12:59 AM
i appreciate the thouroughness, although the LOC is the advice I needed. thx

smgreen20
06-18-2005, 12:33 AM
The BOSE systems DO have a amp. You'll want to run the LOC after the fact. amp described, but not after the HU.

yz_gt69
06-19-2005, 05:17 PM
cool thx, is the amp under the center console? Any tips for getting that out w/o wreckin anything, should be somewhat easy...