PDA

View Full Version : 6x9's VS 6.5" midbass woofers

USMC_Metallica
06-14-2005, 02:05 PM
k i just recently put in 2 12" ma audio XL's but they arent playing the bass lines of songs too well. i listen to mostly hard rock/metal. ive got 4 6.5" alpine full ranges (not sure of the model) and they kinda distort if i put too much low freq. through em.

i want something that will carry the bass line well. my bro has a pair of 6x9's in his trunk and first time i heard em i thought they were small subs! but i was wondering if midbass woofers would be better for my situation? and would THESE woofers need any kind of airspace to push or not?

Mackenzie
06-14-2005, 03:20 PM
First off get rid of those ma audio subs :) jk (not really though). Your best bet will be to audition some speakers in some sound rooms. Off the top of my head polk momo makes some good coaxes.

USMC_Metallica
06-14-2005, 10:05 PM
so as far as going with 6x9's instead of midbasswoofs i would just have to listen to each then decide?

if i go with the woofs, will they have to be in some kinda box where they are pushing air?

Mackenzie
06-14-2005, 10:25 PM
If you go with midbass drivers the ideal location should be in the door. May get a bit costly with the cutting, but its worth it. I wouldnt stick them in a box, but others may.