PDA

View Full Version : Volume Ctrl Doesn't Work on Clarion

OldManTod
06-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Hey Everybody,

I posted the other message about a Rockford Fosgate Head Unit because I think I blew up my Clarion, I have been searching the boards and can't seem to find a post about this.

When moving some wiring around I plugged everything back in (I had everything powered down while moving wires) and now when I turn the stereo on, the volume control on the head unit doesn't change the volume coming from the speakers.

If I turn up the gain, I get volume from the speakers, but as far as the volume control, it doesnt seem to be working.

Did I blow up my head unit???

My wiring is this, front/rear/sub out to an interfire crossover, then front/rear out to a kicker 350.4 and sub out to a kicker 1200.1...

Thoughts??? and I am not going to ask what is the best head unit (I am going to lean towards the Eclipse line if I find out the Rockford Fosgate head unit *****, I am liking the combination that Rockford Offers by playing a DVD)..

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

T

JimJ
06-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Remove things that it could be. Disconnect the Xover, run the head unit directly to the amp and see if you can change volume.