PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a video for using fiberglass?

ra4u2nv
06-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Hey guys I am looking for a video or dvd that will teach how to work with fiberglass. I have never worked with fiberglass at all and really want to learn.

One of the reasons is that I have a 300zx, and I like the stealthbox from JL but it is just to **** expensive. Anyone ever made a box for this type of car
Has anyone heard JL's stealthboxes. Just want somethig that will compliment the rest of the sound.

But I really want to learn how to use fiberglass. Any inputis greatly appreciated

djman37
06-11-2005, 11:26 PM
i think there's some called glassman videos
here's some pricey ones... http://selectproducts.com/

req
06-11-2005, 11:31 PM
you know what, brian (gcadidas) and i will have videos of our work after the 22nd. i think shon from the realm of excursion will be hosting them for us. so sit tight. we will have the help you neeeed :)

bonesninja
06-11-2005, 11:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7979356302&category=38646&sspagename=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1498&item=5780742962&rd=1

dbornotdb
06-13-2005, 10:24 AM
I have the GCF glass videos. I have the 4.0, the 5.1 and the 6.0.

I heard these are the better of the fiberglassing videos out there so I tried them out.

I learned a few things from what watching these. Not alot though. But we can all learn a little more right?
In my opinion, the videos are of low quality sometimes. They seem rushed maybe? Not sure how to explain it. But good info on them. Also something I know, if you get 6.0, you will not understand everything unless you have 5.1.
And some of the things are explained completely through and seem to be better explained on the next video. A way to get you to get the next set that comes out.

I will be getting the 7 and 8 that are out now, but just to see if it has a new trick I could learn.

And if I had a DVD burner, I would make a copy for ya, but no **** luck for me.

AznRevlAzn
06-13-2005, 11:25 AM
the site is crap, i sent my money and cc info and they charged my 10 bucks and i got no info whatsoever. yup, since Jan.

GCF is sh1t for balls, thats what i got to say.

dbornotdb
06-13-2005, 11:39 AM
I am a member of GCF forums, but I wouldn't order anything from there. I got my DVDs from ebay from clate customs. They all came within a week.

AznRevlAzn
06-13-2005, 11:47 AM
yeah my guess is that GCF is a bunch of scammers when it comes to there stuff. In your DVD's, is there any mention of Fullerton... ...E.F.D. Fullerton? Because thats where my money went to.

AznRevlAzn
06-13-2005, 11:49 AM
WAIT nvm, it was my account to excalibur films **** lol. fooled me like hell. I take my words back about GCF.

But there Tech Support lacks though.

dbornotdb
06-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Their tech support is very lacking.

I will explain what I know, and in no way am I standing up for them as I think they didn't handle things well.

The owner of the forums and that store or whatever went to Asia for a demo build or something like that. He told noone. I read that on the forums somewhere. There are 2 other mods on there that I have not seen around in a long *** time.
If you post a link to ebay for supplies to help somone out, it automatically shows the link as theirs, but if you click it, it actually goes to ebay.
They get all pissed if you post info on where to get stuff cheaper, like supplies and tools. And if you post about info not related to car audio, like making fiberglass accesories, they delete it.

I think I should mod there. :cool: :rolleyes:

HondaPh00l
06-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Lol, I was just about to ask if anybody would be inspired by some money to make a copy or two of the glass man or the other video. If anybody comes around though that has the capabilities, im interested and have money.

Alex

ra4u2nv
06-14-2005, 12:00 AM
I would like a copy as well

I joined glassman's downloads for $4.99 a month and they have not sent me my password.

chinny
06-14-2005, 12:02 AM
sue them

dbornotdb
06-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Maybe I need to buy a DVD burner. :greedy:

Nikuk
06-14-2005, 08:44 AM
www.fibreglast.com

Lots of good starter info, as well as a forum.

HondaPh00l
06-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Maybe I need to buy a DVD burner. :greedy:

Lol, they are pretty cheap nowadays. IDK, its great if you want to use it to copy dvds or do home video stuff and for it to be worthwhile you should be burning dvds all day long. My friend has a burner, I think his dvd-x-copy expired though. If it didnt maybe we could work something out so I send ya some money, you send me the dvds, I burn them and send them back to ya. I guess I should check and see if my friend can copy dvds first though. Oh and regarding fiberglast.com its a great site with tons of info, the prices arent the greatest though.

Alex

ruckus
06-14-2005, 10:12 PM
you got a PM.

ruckus
06-14-2005, 10:16 PM
I am a member of GCF forums, but I wouldn't order anything from there. I got my DVDs from ebay from clate customs. They all came within a week.
I noticed they changed the passwords to download the version 4 videos. I bought the 5.1 off ebay from someone on here and he gave me the PW for the download but it dont work anymore. Any chance I could get you to upload the version 4 to my ftp :) ohh and I have a DVD burner if your interested in renting my the version 6 ;)

dbornotdb
06-14-2005, 11:42 PM
If he DL or watched version 4 on his computer, it probally regested his IP so you won't be able to see it.
I have it DL'ed and on a disc as a wave file.

And I don't condone burning the DVDs as it states on them that is is illegal.(wink wink)
But I can rent them out as they are mine right? :p:

ruckus
06-15-2005, 01:52 AM
ohh yeah I dont burn them I was just responding to your comment about wanting to get a burner that i had one ;) PM how much you would want as a rental fee so i can view them. (I have 5.1 already so i dont need to see that one) you said you have the 4 as a wave? how do you view it isnt a wave a sound file? as for the ip he says he cant get in either and they dont respond to his emails. From what i see they kinda disappeared they dont respond to emails and several people say they havent been receiving their paid items.

I can also make a backup or 2 for you if you want so you dont wear out the original ;) **** I wish i read this post a few days ago. I was in Kissammee Monday morning through Tuesday afternoon. now Im back in Miami.

HondaPh00l
06-15-2005, 04:24 PM
DB Im interested if you can pm me a "rental" fee. Ive got a few references, and Id really like to see those vids. I dont know exactly where I sit now that ruckus joined the party.

Alex