PDA

View Full Version : RE XXX 6.5's ??

95Prober
06-10-2005, 11:46 PM
i was wondering, has any of you guys ran componants/xovers with these? im going to get a pair but i was wondering what kind of combination would be good and not TOO expensive ?

also, how do the RE XXX 6.5's fair on their own? i mean they will go in sound deadened doors, but no kick pods or sealed boxs, etc.. just in a straight car. im looing for some people who DONT run them in enclosures. i want to get some opinions on sound.

and what are their retail?

thx!

sirloin
06-11-2005, 01:08 AM
no idea, but ill let you know..im buying them tomorrow if RE is open

95Prober
06-11-2005, 02:02 AM
ok. ill keep in touch!! haha anyone else?

valant_94gt
06-11-2005, 05:27 AM
i was wondering, has any of you guys ran componants/xovers with these? im going to get a pair but i was wondering what kind of combination would be good and not TOO expensive ?

also, how do the RE XXX 6.5's fair on their own? i mean they will go in sound deadened doors, but no kick pods or sealed boxs, etc.. just in a straight car. im looing for some people who DONT run them in enclosures. i want to get some opinions on sound.

and what are their retail?

thx!

When I get a pair installed in my 93 Probe GT I'll let ya know. But I have not yet decided on IB or pod..

cappy72
06-11-2005, 07:51 AM
I have them in my doors, with the doors deadened....
I also hooked up a set of aura tweets from dessertheat,

I think it sounds great. I was running the xxx6.5's by themselves for approx 2 months and they held their own... When I put them in I was like whoa... nice indeed

cappy72
06-11-2005, 06:15 PM
EMPTY YOU PM BOX, 95....

I have to send you another part of the PM

cappy72
06-11-2005, 06:16 PM
BETTER YET HERE IS PAGE 2

Ok... here is the deal with the xxx6.5's and ANY tweets...

your best bet would be to get an active crossover, IF YOU ARE LOOKING to be able to tweek the frequencies. The mids can go from 40hz-3500hz roughly. If set the freq on the crossover to start at ~70-90hz it will be able to handle a little more power than if it was set lower around 40hz. The KEY IDEA is that speakers can generally handle more power if they are given a higher FLOOR...

If you are looking to run the xxx's with something that you dont have to worry about messing with, you can use a passive crossover. The differences between the two is the passive is SET and you cant adjust it at all. The active you can adjust it. The only down side of the active crossover is being having to use all 4 channels on an amplifer. On the passive you can use just 2 channels.

I have an audiobahn 3 way crossover that I am using on the tweets, but I might get rid of that because the amplifier that I have getting repaired has some sweet features. Regardless, I made this thread when I was looking for ideas:
http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=48712&highlight=active+crossover

I hope i didnt confuse you too much..