PDA

View Full Version : trying to learn equations! need help!

saywhat?
06-10-2005, 09:23 PM
cmon guys i need some help, im tryna learn all of what i need to design my own boxes and such, any help is appreciated...if AIM is an option id love to chat about it over that as its more interactive and quicker too

Acidburn
06-10-2005, 09:26 PM
read the tutorials on www.jlaudio.com

saywhat?
06-10-2005, 09:43 PM
i picked up a book at books a million today, and am trying to figure out what some of the equations from it mean.

i sent a pm to squeak that said :

hey man i just picked up a book to read up on all the technicalities. i have some questions. i take it the Qt = Qts ???

i did an equation (Fs x Sq. root of (Vas/Box Volume) that shows the cut off frequency (care to explain what this means to me?) and the math shows right around 43 hz.

then i did the "box frequency" equation, which they show as "box frequency= .39 x Fs/Qt" and i got 23.98 (so say 24) does this mean i should tune around that, within reason??? (i put Qt=.447 because i took that to mean the same as the Qts)

then there is an equation that says "port length=2117xD(squared) / box frequency X box volume- (.732 x D)"
when i did this equation (using 1/one 4 inch inch port) i came to the answer of 531.602.......wtf is that so high? lol is it centimeters?>LOL

i could understand the frequency being tunes do low, i could prolly get the frequency cutoff if u explained a little about what it is, the book says "you can now calculate how low the bass will be for any size box usingthe following equation" (which i stated up top) please explain this, and the rest if possible.

ANYONE CARE TO HELP???