PDA

View Full Version : Need help..what will fit???

Rocablue92
06-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Alrite.. heres the deal.. i have a 2002 Ford F150 Lightning.. I have Alpine Type R speakers all the way around.. i was looking at buying a Alpine 9855 deck.. but im not hearing good things about them.. and im looking to buy subs and a amp to go in the truck.. heres what ive been thinking.. Eclipse CD8445 deck, JL Audio 300/4 for the speakers, JL 1000/1 or 500/1 with JL 12w6v2s or 12w3v2s.. but i have no idea if they will fit and have enough air space and such.. its a single cab truck so i need something that will fit.. but i want the best beat and sound i can get out of the space.. if yall have any suggestions or if you know what would fit n sound good and what amp i should run with them i need your help.. also is that a good deck to go with?? and will the JL amps be ok with 8v preouts?..

zachzchw
06-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Good choice on the deck. Nice call on the JL too. Youre gonna get people telling you "but you can get this instead", but fvck them. If you like the sound of the JL's, and have the cash for it, go with them.
As for what will fit, check out www.cardomain.com and take a look at what other people have done in a similiar vehicle.....

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/search_results.cgi?searchbymemid=&searchbylocation=1&member_id=&make=Ford&model=F-Series%20Pickup&country=US&state=&year=2002&sort_by=

forbidden
06-11-2005, 01:56 PM
You are going about this from the wrong end. Even though you have chosen some good equipment, space is at a premium. You can not for the most part choose the sub first when you have a limited amount of room. You need to think a little smarter and choose the equipment based on the limitations of the area available. This means, put the seats in the area that you are most comfortable with for leg room, seat travel, inclination etc. Next you need to find out how much airspace you have left available. Next you choose the sub for the amount of airspace available. This then leaves you with needing to find a home for some good sized amps that need to cool properly. So stuffing them under a seat is not a great idea, especially if you are down South where I think Jefferson may be. (I'm a Canadian what do I know) I would not choose the sub first unless you are willing to go to the extremes to make it work.

Good sub bass is all about the box, it is more important than the choice of sub itself. The comment above about the JL's, sure they are a great amp and if you are happy that is fine. For a serious customer that wants a better amp, consider the Audison line and they just happen to be a much smaller amplifier. I make my choices for my customers based on fact and value. Here is a link to a great amplifier line. www.audison.com A smart purchaser will consider all the alternatives before going with just one choice.

SirClay
06-12-2005, 12:05 AM
I would not suggest the 9855. I bought one, stopped working, so I returned it. I got another one, stopped working, returned it. I was O for 2 on the 9855. Now I am shopping around for another deck and not going back to the 9855