PDA

View Full Version : How to secure false floor?

Dtowncats
06-10-2005, 01:19 AM
How can I secure a false floor to my car? This is a 92 Mustang hatchback. I will be doing a spare tirewell box and also placing my amps under the false floor. I will be placing plexiglass over them so you can see them but the false floor will be covered by the factory carpet so no one can tell anything is in there. I have 2 JBL amps and will be getting either 2 IKPs, a RE SE, or a SS RL-p.

TPABlazer
06-10-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm trying to remember my fox body, but is there a bolt to hold the spare tire down? Can always thread a bolt back in that with some washers on it, and then glass around the bolt to seal it.

Dtowncats
06-10-2005, 10:18 AM
I'm not worried about the fiberglass spare tirewell enclosure because that will be conformed to the spare tirewell and should sit in there perfectly. For the false floor, I am thinking of running 2x4s down the hatch and screwing a sheet of plywood on top of them which will be cut out to the shape of the hatch. Just gotta figure out a way to secure it.

mustangowner
06-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Weld some metal clips made of 1 x 1/4" flatbar to the floor, drill and tap for a 3/8" bolt and bolt the 2 x 4's to the floor and the screw the plywood to the 2x4's. counter sink the bolts for the 2x4's.

if this is done you will not have to worry about the whole assembly sliding around like if you use screw or such to hold it down...the screws could come out.