PDA

View Full Version : alpine type-x or cdt cl-61 Hurry Please Help!!

profoundwill
06-09-2005, 03:19 PM
I am looking for a nice component system that will be going in the front doors of a 2002 gmc Sierra. I will be powering them with a Soundstream reference 300. What set do you guys think will be better for me. I mostly listen to rap & R&B Please respond I want to make a purchase ASAP, thanks. If it helps I was looking at the CDT set with the titanium tweets.

VoTran24
06-09-2005, 04:03 PM
I've owned the CL-61a's with silk tweets and then replaced them with the alpine type-x 177a's...I liked the alpines more...the crossover is great because you can do so many adjustments to it to satisfy you and they sounded more clear than the cdt's...the cdt's had more midbass to me though....if you like midbass then go with the cdt's but you like it to sound nice and clear then go with the type-x's...

there are 2 versions of the type-x components...the ones that I bought on crutchfield.com were 150 for the 177a's and I think there is the newer version which is supposed to have more midbass and still sound nice from what I've heard...I think they are the 177r's? but they cost more

anyways...if you have the money then go with the 177r's no doubt....i think they are in the range of $230(?) they cost more than the cdt's but you'll like the versatility of the x-over much more...goodluck with your decision...

im sorry if this is confusing to you because you didnt mention with type-x speakers....how much are you trying to spend...

profoundwill
06-09-2005, 04:05 PM
I am trying to spend around $200

harveyy
06-10-2005, 02:35 PM
I am trying to spend around $200

Don't limit yourself to just these two brands, read as many posts as you can and make an educated decision so you don't regret your purchase. All brands will have their strong and weak points, you need to figure out what you can live with.

MrSwiss
06-10-2005, 04:36 PM
viola

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32819&item=5781289450&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW