PDA

View Full Version : XXX6.5 Frequency Response Chart ... ?

twoohfour
06-06-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm looking for a frequency response chart for the XXX 6.5 ... mostly because i'm curious and also because these may be my next midranges if i like them. Although i don't have money so, mostly curious :rolleyes:

Anyway... anyone know where to find one or anyone have one ?

cjjackson85
06-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Unless you found one searching PM TeamPSI...

Speedyd718
06-06-2005, 05:41 PM
dunno about freq response but i heard ngsm13's xxx mids and they are serious. he's got the in kicks and they really shine. they make my cdt's seem like crap.

cjjackson85
06-06-2005, 05:42 PM
dunno about freq response but i heard ngsm13's xxx mids and they are serious. he's got the in kicks and they really shine. they make my cdt's seem like crap.
Those were once my mids... :( http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96767

twoohfour
06-07-2005, 12:18 AM
so, CJ, how are the XXX6.5s vs the Koda 8s in your install?

Also, if anyone can find a freq response chart would be good, ima keep a look out as well :sneaky:...

jlaine
06-08-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm looking for a frequency response chart for the XXX 6.5 ... mostly because i'm curious and also because these may be my next midranges if i like them. Although i don't have money so, mostly curious :rolleyes:

Anyway... anyone know where to find one or anyone have one ?

Personal experience:

Acceptable:

3.5khz maximum 36db/oct slope with a basic IB install drivers facing directly at each other with no angle. (two way) Start suffering from directivity/beaming any higher, and partially in this region.

Preferred:

2khz maximum 12 ~ 24db/oct slope with same install. (two way)

Ideal:

250hz maximum 36 db/oct with dedicated midrange.

IMO - the driver is a fantastic mate to some of the mid to high line Morel MDT tweeters.