PDA

View Full Version : what program?

silverlude56
06-06-2005, 11:21 AM
what program should i use to re do some box designs...?
i plan to use limewire to get it...

tRiGgEr
06-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Pencil, paper, and a calculator. Don't forget your brain:)

silverlude56
06-06-2005, 12:04 PM
that would be easy but i need to kno how port length is affected after smaller internal volume..

tRiGgEr
06-06-2005, 12:05 PM
that would be easy but i need to kno how port length is affected after smaller internal volume..

Well that made no sense...

silverlude56
06-06-2005, 12:41 PM
alright...if the port length is longer then the depth of ur box...then thats when u wrap the port around..forming an L shape or creating a maze look as in some boxes. am i correct?

silverlude56
06-06-2005, 12:59 PM
alright...well you think u can help me out shrinkydinx?
all im doing is cutting the depth down about 5 or 6 inches and that is going to change the internal volume. and since ported tuning depends on internal volume i figured that would be affected. how do i modify the port to be tuned the same as before?

btw-RE designed my current box for my SE and it has a 2 to 3 inch section on the end of the port that forms an L shape..is that bad?

tRiGgEr
06-06-2005, 01:06 PM
actually thats when you create a wormhole from one side of your box to the other - since its bad to bend ports.

HAHAHAHA :hilariou:

I left my flux capacitor in the other galaxy...

alright...well you think u can help me out shrinkydinx?
all im doing is cutting the depth down about 5 or 6 inches and that is going to change the internal volume. and since ported tuning depends on internal volume i figured that would be affected. how do i modify the port to be tuned the same as before?

You would need to decrease port area if you were to decrease the port length. You can have a L shaped port. In most cases a Slot port will need an L shape to be able to have a large port area and low tunning.

By decreasing your port length, increasing your box volume will change tunning.

Use this site to get a basic idea on how you will be affecting your tunning.

http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31

silverlude56
06-06-2005, 01:16 PM
yea ive used that calculator before and when i put in my figures i need a port length of 28". the depth of my box is only 15 so how exactly should i create the port wall?
from the hole go back and make an L that creates the length of 28". or should it go back and make a U shape or what?

tRiGgEr
06-06-2005, 01:25 PM
yea ive used that calculator before and when i put in my figures i need a port length of 28". the depth of my box is only 15 so how exactly should i create the port wall?
from the hole go back and make an L that creates the length of 28". or should it go back and make a U shape or what?

If you are using a slot port measure from the dead center of the port and make an L shape in to the back of the box. Also you will want to account for the end correction if you are using a wall of your box as a wall of your port.

tRiGgEr
06-06-2005, 01:27 PM
I will post up an PIC example in about 1 hour if you would like.

Shyne151
06-06-2005, 03:30 PM
I love how people on these forums brag about pirating software. Very smart move.

silverlude56
06-07-2005, 12:00 AM
ha..i was seeing how long it would take someone to say something about me bein stupid for usin that p2p ****. the govt is all over that ****. a friend of mine got busted for havin 500+ songs. he owes somethin like $100,000 over 25 years. u get so many viruses anyhow. besides limewire or kazaa versions of **** for some reason to me always seem messed up-at least kazaa. now that i think about it ill jus buy it. its worth it in the long run to have a good program cus im sure this isnt the only box ill be designing...

but on to what was being talked about...
did u ever find that pic

Dozerboy
06-12-2005, 12:07 AM
http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31

I don't know if that cal. works right it doesn't add up with what Orion has on they're site.
Orion H2 10.2: 0.6 cu.ft., 29 Hz, 3" dia. port = 32.6" for length
Cal.: 35.56" of length

DBfan187
06-12-2005, 12:14 AM
That's when all of that math you learned in school kicks in, and you factor in the thickness of your port.;)

lenny3683
06-12-2005, 12:15 AM
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

looks pretty close

Dozerboy
06-12-2005, 07:19 PM
That's when all of that math you learned in school kicks in, and you factor in the thickness of your port.;)

You talking about for an L shaped port right? Therefore, if it's straight I would need to take the Wight of my port off there port length.