PDA

View Full Version : Help on 45 Degree angle on face

Pimpdaddyq
06-04-2005, 06:16 PM
I have 2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche subs, and im building a new box for them, but Im having trouble with the face. I dont want it to be flat up against the tail of my car and i want to fill my trunk, but still see the subs, i wanted to put a 45degree angle for the face. the base of the box is 37" across, and 40" depth, now i dont kno how to calculate how long to make the face, and dont know how long to make the sides, and top. Thanks for any help.

Andrew

Beat_Dominator
06-04-2005, 06:21 PM
I can help you out but I need your max dimensions, height/width/depth and the volume you want.

Beat_Dominator
06-04-2005, 06:26 PM
But if you have a calculator the lenght of the face would be: height X rad(2)

Pimpdaddyq
06-04-2005, 06:38 PM
well i wanted it basically to be 16" high, 37" across, and 40" in depth. Thanks again, and any other tips are welcomed... peace

andrew

Pimpdaddyq
06-06-2005, 12:00 PM
still havent figured out the whole 45 degree angle thing, and ive tried the calculator thing but i cant get it working right. Not sure what to do except for to just try it but i know there are people out there that have done a 45 degree angle, its very common. Any help!!?!?! Please reply if you know what to do.

Thanks
Andrew

HAVINGFUN
06-06-2005, 02:13 PM
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

look at the box calculators for slanted or angles boxes.

Pimpdaddyq
06-06-2005, 08:24 PM
right, i understand on the internal volume and everything, but if i have the base and for the face, cut a 45degree angle and slant it back to connect to the top, i dont know how long to make it so it lines up perfect with the base and top... understand what I mean? Its hard to explain I guess and unless someone helps Ill have to try mulitple pieces to see what I need. Thanks again tho for the help and if anyone else has ideas reply ASAP!

Andrew

mattmcss
06-06-2005, 08:28 PM
A squared plus B squared = C squared

Beat_Dominator
06-06-2005, 08:41 PM
right, i understand on the internal volume and everything, but if i have the base and for the face, cut a 45degree angle and slant it back to connect to the top, i dont know how long to make it so it lines up perfect with the base and top... understand what I mean? Its hard to explain I guess and unless someone helps Ill have to try mulitple pieces to see what I need. Thanks again tho for the help and if anyone else has ideas reply ASAP!

Andrew

Ok let's try again...

Measure Straight down from top to bottom of the box. That's height H

Now take H and multiply it by the square root of 2.

H * rad(2)

That is the length(or height) of the face.

1zenlunatic
06-09-2005, 03:53 AM
dont forget the beveled ends iif you want to flush the angled piece up to the horizontal top and bottom plates...