PDA

View Full Version : pheonix gold zenon 6.5's ??

95Prober
06-04-2005, 01:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777986006&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

what do you guys think of these? anyone have these? im looking for some testimonials and such. you think you can find BETTER quality 6.5's for the price than these??

i mean there are so many brands to choose from and i dont have access to audio shops where i live to listen to types like, RE, diamond, MB quart etc.. im going ENTIRELY from forums and opinions. i know its not a good way. but i will decide through these forums without even listening first. these PG's seem a good price for a top line, but im not sure??

Mackenzie
06-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I believe we already talked about these components, but I have them in my car, and they are great. Ive never heard a better set of components for 150 bucs. These have some of the nicest midbass.The tweeter is not harsh like alot of component sets are out their. Imo you will not find a better set of components for the price. You would have to pay twice the amount, or more to get better like, morel, pg elites, dyna, ect.... Another good thing about these are that you can use them as coaxes since they tweeter is detachable.Definatelyworth every penny.

95Prober
06-04-2005, 02:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5779434803&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

anyone own these? how would they stack up against the Gold's ???

Mackenzie
06-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Funny you should post that, because I just got rid of my infinitys before i had my pgs. Although the infinitys sounded clear, they had absolutely no midbass what so ever, and the tweeter is very harsh. I had the infinity reference 5*7s up front, and the 6*9s in the back, and they have absolutely no midbass. The infinitys dont come close to comparing. They dont like bass at all, and distort when you try to get some out of them. If thats what you want, then go ahead and buy them.

95Prober
06-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Funny you should post that, because I just got rid of my infinitys before i had my pgs. Although the infinitys sounded clear, they had absolutely no midbass what so ever, and the tweeter is very harsh. I had the infinity reference 5*7s up front, and the 6*9s in the back, and they have absolutely no midbass. The infinitys dont come close to comparing. They dont like bass at all, and distort when you try to get some out of them. If thats what you want, then go ahead and buy them.

so why did you decide to change and get rid of the infinity's ??

Mackenzie
06-04-2005, 03:32 PM
I changed them out because I needed more midbass, especially since I had 15s at the time, so I decided to give them a try since ive been running pg gear anyways, and I feel in love with them. The reason I got the inifnitys in the first place was because of the real cheap price that I got them for, but I quickly learned that it was a much better investment getting something of better quality, then to just get something real cheap.