PDA

View Full Version : CDT ef-61 vs cl-62

Stillmatic22
06-03-2005, 01:45 PM
alright guys i'm kinda in a predicament on what to do. I ordered the ef-61's from thezeb.com. I gotta e-mail informing me that they are currently out (thanX djdilliodon :( ). They offered me the CL-62 as an free upgrade. I read the previous post about the other guy with this issue, so i called CDT and Matt informed me that it would be a could idea to to so, and that the only difference was the woofers/basket stamped vs cast.

Should I do so give me your opinion on why one is better than the other and vice versa.

BTW: Matt at CDT also told me that if I did not like the cl-62's than to let him know and he would make it right. Would do you guys think, i need your .02 cents.

Also what is the difference in stamped vs cast?

Thanks in advance

djdilliodon
06-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Now while i prefer the ef-61 the owner at cdt prefers the cl-62 lol. Really its a matter of prefernce. If u do get the cl-62 u want the cl-62i/24. That is a really nice set.

Stillmatic22
06-03-2005, 04:36 PM
thanX dj,

when you mean preference what exactly are you refering to?

anyone else have any input?

djdilliodon
06-03-2005, 05:07 PM
its a personal taste between the 2 sets. I like the ef's better myself. Some prefer the cl-62 set.

Stillmatic22
06-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I'll prolly go ahead and go with the cl-62's. If they don't adhere to my taste, then i'll get in contact with Matt at cdt.

Oh yeah and +1 for Matt and tech at CDT. I have never had the level of assistance that I received from the folk their at CDT.

djman37
06-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I just ordered the EF-61CV's today. I'm a fan of cast basket over stamped steel. Either one of those would be better than what I currently have in my doors!

djdilliodon
06-03-2005, 09:24 PM
I just ordered the EF-61CV's today. I'm a fan of cast basket over stamped steel. Either one of those would be better than what I currently have in my doors!

me to i like the cast better. The cv's though u dont get as good of a tweeter or xover as the comp version :(

djman37
06-03-2005, 10:04 PM
dj, what does not as good compare to though? I've got some low-end boston coax in the doors now.

djdilliodon
06-04-2005, 01:10 AM
The cv model comes with the 456 xovers and tw19 tweeters. The tw19 is the only tweeter that fits the pole piece so your pretty much stuck with it unless u run it as a comp set. The ef-61 set say uses the same mid as the cv but has the better 1" silk tweeter and 480 xovers. This set though is better than the cv but cant be used as a coaxial. CDT now makes an ef-63 braxial and soon will be releasing the Neo sets which come as a comp or braxial and have a shallow mounting depth. When i get the neo sets in a few weeks ill take pics and post them. They look very nice :)